• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
What a great first season he's had but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here... we've been here before with promising yoofs.

Frank Moussa? Kane Ferdinand? Both had oodles of promise, never fulfilled it.

But lets just say he is the "real deal". I don't think it'll be us that sells him for the big bucks. There will be a transitional sale where we will do well from him and will make some decent dosh and will have a good sell on. But we could never afford the salary to warrant the huge transfer and to cash in, we would HAVE to sell him before he was 24 and probably at 20/21, when he won't have fully developed.

But while we have him, what a great lad and a fine player. That first goal isn't far away I'm sure. You can see his confidence grow game by game.

Lookman went for £8m after about 40 appearances for Charlton. Not saying Dru is worth that much but you’d like to think we could get at least £2m for him if he carries on this great form.

Not sure why there is so much talk of selling him.

It is only his first season ..... and he does look like a talent. Good luck to him and I hope he does well pre-season to earn a starting place.

He will make us big money. He is a class act and IF he keeps improving he will be picked up for decent money. The fact we are Southend means we will get less than other bigger league 1 clubs. Given all of that, I'd still say that 3 or 4 million with sell ons will be a good return.

Yesterday he looked really good. Personally feel he has been over-hyped on here like all our youth players it seems. Definitely big potential at his age. Think next season we will really see him shine.

Yesterday he looked really good. Personally feel he has been over-hyped on here like all our youth players it seems. Definitely big potential at his age. Think next season we will really see him shine.

The difference between him and the other youth players is that he has performed consistently in the first team against men. Especially since Chris took over -you could argue he has been our most consistent performer. Ferdinand and Moussa were too lazy. It would be great of he could get a goal before the season ends.

He did not look like an 18 year old boy yesterday, he looked like a man bossing the midfield.

Some people are saying 'over-hyped' but he can't be over-hyped if scouts from England and prem clubs are constantly watching him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a club came in for him this summer (get in first before another club does) and they could possibly loan him back.

Whatever happens, he is already a good league one player with the potential to go on to great things. Let's just enjoy him while we can. But rest assured, whenever he goes, we won't be short changed.

I'm just glad, for Dru's sake, Brown left when he did. After blaming Dru for the Northampton defeat and subsequently dropping him from the entire squad for the Fleetwood match, I thought he'll never play again this season. Fortunately, Brown left and Powell's first match was driven by a man-of-the-match performance by Dru. Its a fine line for players and their future/development under certain managers.

Absolutely. We are talking about a player that has only just turned 18 and is constantly the best player in the side and first name on the team sheet.

When if ever have we had that?

We are finally starting to bear fruit from our youth team. I believe there will be a lot more to come in the next few years.

Dru will be the one to break that longstanding record fee received. I believe Collymore brought us 2.7 million in the end.

It's also worth mentioning that Dan Bentley could go for big money in the summer which will be a nice cash boost for CP to build his squad.

Absolutely. We are talking about a player that has only just turned 18 and is constantly the best player in the side and first name on the team sheet.

When if ever have we had that?

We are finally starting to bear fruit from our youth team. I believe there will be a lot more to come in the next few years.

Dru will be the one to break that longstanding record fee received. I believe Collymore brought us 2.7 million in the end.

It's also worth mentioning that Dan Bentley could go for big money in the summer which will be a nice cash boost for RM’s new Bentley.

Edited for accuracy.

He has, for sure, exceeded expectations for this season and his introduction to League 1.
Also he plays better alongside Tims than any of the other options trialed which for me indicates that he has both awareness of a growing partnership AND that further development will, hopefully turn him into a special midfielder who can "boss" and lead our team.
He wants to get the goal that could start him on a run of scoring.
He could very well make it to the big time and I hope he is learning by watching the recent "big" moves for Payne and Len which haven't, in truth, lead to anything more spectacular than a few years of fatter pay cheques but a lot of bench warming.
The comparison with Stan's big move is only about the money (on our forum) but for Dru, he, hopefully, wants & needs it to be about getting to a BIG club, playing Prem games and winning medals and England chances.

Back in Essex for a while. After a brilliant day yesterday I will only comment on DRU as per thread.

This lad is special. Has an all round game. Skill, speed, passion, and bossed the midfield. Every time the team, or himself lost the ball he would chase back like a little terrier and usually winning the ball. His desire and fitness really impressed me. With regards to his future i think CP is the man to plot/help his future hopefully be with us till some bloody rich club buy him for £100m lol.

Brighton & Hove Albion scout behind me in the directors box yesterday. Clearly wasn't after any of the MK Don's players. Might be keeping tabs on him. The scout started writing like crazy after his Drus which created the first goal.

Because we generally sell our best youth players.

Perhaps ............ but it seems that people are more concerned with selling Yearwood than they are about building a team that could have a tilt at the play-offs or automatic promotion next season. That's rather odd, isn't it?

Come the pre-season friendlies, every player should be playing for their place in the starting XI .......... happy to see Yearwood starting in central midfield based on current form but if there are other players who are doing well come August, then that sounds like healthy competition to me.

Yesterday it was Dru and Michael Timlin. I would like to see what a partnership of him and Mantom could achieve. Of course, that's only relevant if Mr Mantom signs permanently or we get him for another season on loan. No disrespect to Timms by the way.

Let's see how he gets on next season and hope he is still performing well and consistent. He is currently very overrated!

Frank Moussa? Kane Ferdinand? Both had oodles of promise, never fulfilled it.

What sets him apart from both of those players is how comfortable he is on the ball and the fact that he is able to find space in the centre of the pitch to receive it. Things seem to slow down for him when he's on the ball. He has an in game maturity that belittles his young age. A proper player.

Back