• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fair points. However, as it stands, it's a class A drug. What about other drugs? Are you saying all drugs should be legalised? Although not Cocaine, it was one albeit dodgy ecstacy (also class A) tablet that killed Leah Betts. How many people die from their first pint, or their first fag?

Leah Betts drowned because she drunk too much water. If she had been educated in how to take Ecstasy safely she'd be here today.

If you legalise it, and then tax it, people will buy still buy it illegally, ie contraband. It will still be cut with things like sugar, talcum powder etc. I doubt the problems would go away...

People would want pure drugs, and therefore pop to Drugs-R-Us before going out at the weekend rather than risking taking utter crap from a shady dealer.

People would want pure drugs, and therefore pop to Drugs-R-Us before going out at the weekend rather than risking taking utter crap from a shady dealer.

Purely playing Devil's Advocate here but, what's to stop your local drug dealer from offering drugs with questionable purity at a price far cheaper than the Drugs-R-Us products that have been taxed and priced to provide an efficient profit margin? People will still look for the bargain prices in the same way that the pirate DVD market is a huge earner for the Black Market despite shoddy audio/visual quality.

It might allow Johnny Wallbanger Esquire, who inherited a fortune, to source his drugs without communicating with council estate riff raff, but those addicted who can't afford the product will look for it cheaper, and the black market will still benefit.

Purely playing Devil's Advocate here but, what's to stop your local drug dealer from offering drugs with questionable purity at a price far cheaper than the Drugs-R-Us products that have been taxed and priced to provide an efficient profit margin? People will still look for the bargain prices in the same way that the pirate DVD market is a huge earner for the Black Market despite shoddy audio/visual quality.

It might allow Johnny Wallbanger Esquire, who inherited a fortune, to source his drugs without communicating with council estate riff raff, but those addicted who can't afford the product will look for it cheaper, and the black market will still benefit.

Is there a substantial moonshine/contraband alcohol black market?

Decriminalisation/regulation would go hand in hand with a much stricter illegal rug dealing policy i.e. Holland. The much smaller illegal drug market can be more easily policed and much harsher punishments given out. Currently it's like ****ing in the wind and the criminals are winning

Under controlled conditions it'd cost pennies to make an ecstacy tablet. Even with a substantial mark-up (and tax going back to fund education and addiction clinics) I don't see a black market really being able to undercut it substantially.

Decriminalisation/regulation would go hand in hand with a much stricter illegal rug dealing policy i.e. Holland. The much smaller illegal drug market can be more easily policed and much harsher punishments given out. Currently it's like ****ing in the wind and the criminals are winning

Under controlled conditions it'd cost pennies to make an ecstacy tablet. Even with a substantial mark-up (and tax going back to fund education and addiction clinics) I don't see a black market really being able to undercut it substantially.

Current esctacy/cocaine/insert drug here manufacturers make their drugs in controlled conditions. The black market would undercut it easily. For example, you give a license to produce x amount, and they will make x amount. They will then make even more on the side. In the same way that if you have some work done at home, you get a discount for paying cash...

Current esctacy/cocaine/insert drug here manufacturers make their drugs in controlled conditions. The black market would undercut it easily. For example, you give a license to produce x amount, and they will make x amount. They will then make even more on the side. In the same way that if you have some work done at home, you get a discount for paying cash...

When I said controlled conditions I referred to creating safe drugs (a bit of an oxymoron I know), and not the illegal drugs which vary in quality and safety. The many reason why heroin users OD is because they get a strong/pure hit after ages shooting themselves with *****. Drugs would be much safer is the purity/quality was consistent.

Alcohol poses its own issues, particularly because you can pick up varying qualities and purities of vodka, for example, in every supermarket. Would you be able to pick up a cheaper option to a line of coke? Would a number of manufacturers be permitted a license to produce their own drugs for the retail market? The price differences obviously affect the quality of the product, and this is something that couldn't be altered with drugs.

Is it the Turks who dominate the illegal rug dealing world?

Alcohol poses its own issues, particularly because you can pick up varying qualities and purities of vodka, for example, in every supermarket. Would you be able to pick up a cheaper option to a line of coke? Would a number of manufacturers be permitted a license to produce their own drugs for the retail market? The price differences obviously affect the quality of the product, and this is something that couldn't be altered with drugs.

I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar to cigarettes, what with tobacco being a legal but probably even more deadly drug. You'd get a whole choice of brands, possibly not on F1 cars though.

I think it is sad you can only buy poppers in sex shops.

It makes solvents look cheap and sleazy.

Yeah coke is a ******* this much is true the want and desire never goes away I feel I have been as close to heaven as humanly possible, some people hide things like this but I will freely talk to anybody about what I have done and been through it does not make me any worse of a person just honest and open.

Personally if it was legalised and more pure then I would not stand a chance sometimes the hassle and having to go out the way to get it can often be a turn off then on the flip side just sitting here right now thinking about it just makes me want to find some and bury my head into a block of it ala scarface.

Answer for me is.... Possession for personal use is de-criminalised but with intent to supply says as it is thus saving money by only targeting those selling

Last edited:
Think the first thing those 4 pubs should be doing is firing the ''freshen up, pull the birds'' Bloke and the cleaner.

If they'd of kept the toilets clean then they wouldnt have any of these problems.

Can you still get a spliff from the Top Alex?

Well put it this way, some of the customers go outside for a ciggy and some go outside for a spliff, just like a lot of pubs in this area. Southend has gone wacky backy mad. Most are into skunk these days as it's stronger and apparently more of a high. But also the smell is so much stronger, that's why you can smell it on people wherever you go.

Back