• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drugs."Small amounts of possesion should not be a crime" report states

Not saying that, my point is that its ok harping on looking in from the outside but until you have been in those positions then you really can't make an informed judgement

This rather reminds me of the line(if you'll excuse the expression) that workers at Phoenix House in London used to always come out with, in my residential social work days, ie only an ex-addict(in this case heroin)can really understand what an addict is going through when trying to quit.Maybe.

Ok I'm guessing my views may not be popular but I've seen drugs destroy so many people. Any step in this direction without education is badly wrong.

See I'm the opposite. I've known 3 alcoholics in my life, one who died in terrible pain after a life in and out of prison. I used to know one bloke who was glassed twice by drunks and another who was beaten so badly and put into a coma and came out a totally different person. The people I know who took drugs every weekend are married now, with kids and in stable well paid jobs.

Thousands of people will go out this weekend, get a skinfull and beat the crap out someone for looking at them the wrong way, or jump in a car and kill someone. In short, for some people, alcohol is dangerous.

Tell me, what's the difference apart from one is sactioned by the laws of the land?

That is no reason to legalise skunk and you know it. I'm not going to have a argument over this but I say again, skunk cannabis is a nasty dangerous substance which should never be accepted into society.

Ok I'm guessing my views may not be popular but I've seen drugs destroy so many people. Any step in this direction without education is badly wrong.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you.

It absolutely has to be accompanied by education. People need to make informed decisions.

That is no reason to legalise skunk and you know it. I'm not going to have a argument over this but I say again, skunk cannabis is a nasty dangerous substance which should never be accepted into society.

Spot on SaM. Trouble is, the market is flooded with this stuff. All the wacky backy smokers I know are doing this stuff. They, their clothes, their houses/flats, their cars absolutely wreak of the stuff. The smell is about 5 times more powerful than normal cannabis. It's very bad stuff. It affects their behaviour and has bad long term effects.

Last edited:
Spot on SaM. Trouble is, the market is flooded with this stuff. All the wacky backy smokers I know are doing this stuff. They, their clothes, their houses/flats, their cars absolutely wreak of the stuff. The smell is about 5 times more powerful than normal cannabis. It's very bad stuff. It affects their behaviour and has bad long effects.

Much like tobacco which, quite rightly, isn't illegal even though it is a disgusting, dangerous habit.

Not saying that, my point is that its ok harping on looking in from the outside but until you have been in those positions then you really can't make an informed judgement

TB,
You've obviously(from your own account)had first hand experience here.
What made you get into drugs,how long were you using and more importantly, IMO,what motivated you to get off and stay off?
Chapeau, btw.

Not everybody's life turns into a car crash once they start "experimenting". I was never offered anything harder and I never wanted it. There are thousands of people who dabble at the weekend but then don't fall into shooting up in dark alleyways.

Plently of people get drunk on a friday/saturday but don't become alcoholics. This gateway thing is a myth IMHO, it's more due to people who have addictive personalities and if it wasn't drugs it'd be gambling/sex/work etc.

No - skunk is a gateway to schizophrenia.

No - skunk is a gateway to schizophrenia.

Has anyone had any first hand evidence of this apart from what they read in the media?

Professor Leslie Iverson, from the University of Oxford, said there was still no conclusive evidence that cannabis use causes psychotic illness.

"Their prediction that 14% of psychotic outcomes in young adults in the UK may be due to cannabis use is not supported by the fact that the incidence of schizophrenia has not shown any significant change in the past 30 years."

Taken from the BBC.

Has anyone had any first hand evidence of this apart from what they read in the media?

Professor Leslie Iverson, from the University of Oxford, said there was still no conclusive evidence that cannabis use causes psychotic illness.

"Their prediction that 14% of psychotic outcomes in young adults in the UK may be due to cannabis use is not supported by the fact that the incidence of schizophrenia has not shown any significant change in the past 30 years."

Taken from the BBC.

Paul - my youngest stepdaughter was admitted to a psychiatric unit last year under The Mental Health Act after prolonged use of skunk. Granted that she may have been predisposed to this illness, but the medics there were of the opinion that the skunk use had precipitated it - as with many of the young people there.

Paul - my youngest stepdaughter was admitted to a psychiatric unit last year under The Mental Health Act after prolonged use of skunk. Granted that she may have been predisposed to this illness, but the medics there were of the opinion that the skunk use had precipitated it - as with many of the young people there.

Unfortunately it seems there is conflicting evidence in both camps on this and I'm certainly no expert. Sorry to hear about your stepdaughter mate, hope she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

TB,
You've obviously(from your own account)had first hand experience here.
What made you get into drugs,how long were you using and more importantly, IMO,what motivated you to get off and stay off?
Chapeau, btw.

For me getting into drugs was a progression from being seriously overweight I was 16/17 years of age and 25 stone! Rather then have the courage to fight that I slowly got involved with drugs I started on cocaine that was my first drug I took this was at a weekend mainly, I was no threat to society but a threat to myself from about 18/19 till 25 I was a regular user many people have seen me at games in a total mess and many on here have seen it, something I look back on with total embarrassment, however this was not just cocaine now a certain hunt for a drug that would not burn a hold in my wallet so much but still give me the escapism I craved was MDMA this again was an experience but like I have said I was still not a threat to society more myself.

We played Walsall away few seasons back that day I should have died, I swallowed 2 grams of MDMA before 9:30am standing on the underground train shaking then managing to get on the train out of Euston and collapsing on the seat sitting there eyes closed convulsing and a huge patch of sweat develop around my neck turning my blue polo dark blue, then like the moment from train spotting when he falls back into the coffin I came around with a huge gasp of air and stood up. Thats how close I was to killing myself.

Addictive personality's are the key and they are the people that need the help, in my head Scott must drink more he must eat more, I must do whatever more then anybody else!!!

Coke did not lead me anywhere but as I started on hard drugs it opened the door to making every other drug thought of as lower class accessible however the down side of this is if I want more of a buzz and I want more euphoria then I can only go up the scale to the likes of Meth, Heroin and Crack - In my mind I would never touch cannabis why should I that drug is beneath me! THATS the mentality that users go through.

Since 16 I have taken....
Cocaine
MDMA
Ketamin
Methadrome (plant food)
Speed
Tramadol Hydrochloride (morphine tablets then go out drinking after taking 4)
Cannabis

Writing and looking at that list makes me ashamed of what I have polluted my body with over my younger years, its not big or clever and I am in no way shape or form proud, these drugs alienated me from my friends from football lost me countless girlfriends and jobs. I am 27 now living at home again, the situation I am in I might as well be 17 and even then most 17 year old will have more foundations then me!

I never would wish any of that above on anybody here is a thought if you added up all them hours I was feeling on top of the world and feeling euphoric take that number and times it by 1000 thats how many more times I have paid for it with feeling down depressed angry and all them mix of emotions.

With the help of friends just before I turned 26 I started to battle my way out, weight loss appeared to be as good as any drug with no come down! also getting down the gym smashing out weights with adrenalin pumping thats even better!

Thats my story really if anybody wants to ask me any questions I will openly like above and if anybody wants any advice message me.

As I said before none of that above I am proud of and many would not even dare to make public they had a past like that, but if I can put off one person from my own story then its all worth it :thumbsup:

Addictive personality's are the key and they are the people that need the help, in my head Scott must drink more he must eat more, I must do whatever more then anybody else!!!

See for me that's the crux of it. I've taken loads of E, LSD, smoked a shed load of dope, speed, a bit of coke (not for me) but I could ALWAYS leave it alone. Some weekends I'd just drink, and again not to excess by any means, and some weekends I'd stay in and watch the telly with nothing stronger than a cocoa.

Haven't touch any illegal drug in 10+ years, hardly drink these days and knocked smoking on the head in 1998 or 1999. The only addiction I have is to salt & vinegar crisps.

Let's hope you've finally escaped you demons eh?

See for me that's the crux of it. I've taken loads of E, LSD, smoked a shed load of dope, speed, a bit of coke (not for me) but I could ALWAYS leave it alone. Some weekends I'd just drink, and again not to excess by any means, and some weekends I'd stay in and watch the telly with nothing stronger than a cocoa.

Haven't touch any illegal drug in 10+ years, hardly drink these days and knocked smoking on the head in 1998 or 1999. The only addiction I have is to salt & vinegar crisps.

Let's hope you've finally escaped you demons eh?

What about companies over a certain size have compulsory drug tests? not just industry like Rail

Back