• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drugs."Small amounts of possesion should not be a crime" report states

how often did you do it?

Over about 12 years I reckon. Can't give you a break down of what and when, but god damn I had some great times that I still remember very fondly.

I have had a personal experience of drugs in my immediate family that led to death, and then destruction of a very close family. Someone may as well have thrown a grenade in the room whilst we were all sitting there. So well done you and MK for getting high on drugs, and having no ill effects. Meanwhile, spare a thought for those of us that are not so lucky.

And I have personal experience of someone dying a horrible, painful death due to alcoholism. So when you're in the pub this weekend, spare a thought for those who can't just have a few pints, but drink their own body weight in bottles of vodka and thank who is ever up there that addictive gene isn't in you.

At the end of the day humanity will do what it takes to get off it's nut - be it a weed that grows in the dirt, a chemically created pill or fermented sugar. Why should one drug be legal and another not when they both cause damage to themselves and those they love if taken to excess? Why throw billions of pounds combating something that can never and will never be stopped?

Again, you're bringing alcohol into it. That's a whole new (or old) debate. I actually agree with you about alcohol. Been there, done that, seen it, still seeing it. I took to drink for about 2 years after my family tragedies. I only drink rarely nowadays, and enjoy it when I do, but if you asked me if I am in favour of a ban, YES.

Please stick to the drug debate.

I have had a personal experience of drugs in my immediate family that led to death, and then destruction of a very close family. Someone may as well have thrown a grenade in the room whilst we were all sitting there. So well done you and MK for getting high on drugs, and having no ill effects. Meanwhile, spare a thought for those of us that are not so lucky.

The drug in my close family that led to death was actually tobacco. I am therefore fully aware of the tensions this can cause in a family. I have also known alcoholics and people who use(d) drugs like cannabis and cocaine - some only dabbled, others for whom it caused more substantial problems.

I have not advocated taking drugs in this thread at all. What I have advocated in this thread is not criminalising users.

What I want is to stop tragedies like the one your family suffered occurring. Criminalising drugs didn't prevent that tragedy. It is a failed policy. I'm arguing for a policy based on education and treatment. Prohibition doesn't work. It drives it underground, it fuels crime, it criminalises millions of the population, it causes more health issues than it prevents. It makes it harder for people to seek support.

This is half the problem MK. Someone like you can say I've taken loads of drugs and they haven't done me any harm. But you are in the smaller minority. Most go on to other drugs as the highs wear off. Most suffer longer lasting effects. You only have to read TrueBlues journey or Shrimperoo's sad story. Most get problems through drug taking, healthwise, in their personal life with family, partners and friends, and at work or not being able to work.

Eminent good sense there TSNB, but hey - Shrimperoos?! You've really gone and done it now ... OK, I'll start:-

GK - Adam Federici

Granted only an on loan Shrimperoo, but what a loan! He made a save that his fellow Aussie, the recreationally adventurous Mark Bosnich would have been proud of away at Yeovil in October, 2008, that provided a springboard for a fine win in difficult conditions at Huish Park.

Eminent good sense there TSNB, but hey - Shrimperoos?! You've really gone and done it now ... OK, I'll start:-

GK - Adam Federici

Granted only an on loan Shrimperoo, but what a loan! He made a save that his fellow Aussie, the recreationally adventurous Mark Bosnich would have been proud of away at Yeovil in October, 2008, that provided a springboard for a fine win in difficult conditions at Huish Park.

Would only have cost a cool million quid(so I'm told)to sign for us permanently too.If only..
More Shrimperoo's please.:winking:

Back