• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

keefmoon

Coach
I know I mentioned this in another post but hey...
If anyone is looking for drum lessons, I have a few vacancies going at the moment due to circumstances I won't bore you with.
I'm young, enthusiastic and qualified (diploma with distinction in drums and musical performance) and have bags of recording, touring and teaching experience.
I live in Billericay and offer competitive rates.
Hope you don't mind me posting on here, but I'd much rather teach a couple of Shrimpers than Hamsters.
My number if you should need is 07968 442156, or drop me a line through here.
Piers.

any takers for the lesson? Drummers seem to geenrally have been the sticking point for every band idea I've ever had!!

Train 'em up!

Our old drummer once tried his hand at a bit of keith Moon shennanigans. We was finishing a song and was doing an outro of Judas priest theatrical nonsense when he whilst spinning his stick like a majorette stood on his drum seat for...about a millisecond..before careering over the whole kit and landed flat on his back and ! whilst on his back licking his wounds he saw the ride cymbal floating down like a guillotine which gave him a nasty gash up his nose and into his forehead. he always looks like his frowning now.
Oh for the good old days of Spinal Tap when drummers would explode leaving only a green globule residue.

keef, I was a drummer for about 8 years myself, just wondering if you ever got into any world instruments? That was one area that I always wished I knew more about, as they always seemed exciting and exotic, but the only one I've ever tried was a djembe (sp?) from Ghana that was a gift from my aunt.

You spelt djembe right. I've done a bit of that too. I recorded some for our last album. Other than that, I only own a pair of congas really. And I hardly use them.
That story about the cymbal falling on that guy's head is pretty cool. That's what you pay your money for as a punter!
I have had a couple of people ask about lessons, but nothing solid yet from this board...

ive spoken to keefmoon about lessons, and heard some pretty cool stuff his band have done. the snippets ive heard are worth a listen, i'll be buying the album.
ive been playing the drums for a couple of weeks, will be looking more seriously into lessons when i get back from my holiday.
is anyone who's in a band and doesnt have a drummer? im not very good yet but im a quick learner. i did three songs in a small school gig the day after i first sat behind a kit.
anyone need a drummer? if so what are your influences, where do you live etc? pm me or email me at olisadavey@hotmail.com
cheers

We're called The Boxer Rebellion. Here's a link to some stuff. There's some audio files and link to some videos and a video documentary too.
http://www.theboxerrebellion.net/media.htm
(That's me with holes in my t-shirt!).
I was in HMV in Southend the other day and you'll have no problem getting our album if you want it. They had it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 01 2005,13:10)]We're called The Boxer Rebellion. Here's a link to some stuff. There's some audio files and link to some videos and a video documentary too.
http://www.theboxerrebellion.net/media.htm
(That's me with holes in my t-shirt!).
I was in HMV in Southend the other day and you'll have no problem getting our album if you want it. They had it.
World Without End: like it. Interesting video as well.

Back