• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drunken fights with your mates.

DTS

The Business
Had a works do last night to celebrate the end of a very succesful first quarter. Made the school boy error of sending the big bird I work with to the bar first with orders of just get me a pint. She came back with a pint of Stella which was always going to be fatal.

Now I work with a bloke called Ben - And withotut wanting to sound gay I love the bloke. He is so easy going, always up for a beer, cracking wing man and in general one of lifes good people.

The plan for last night was a few cheeky beers with the team of us and then for a curry in Shad Thames. Drinks were going well except Ben, I and another bloke called David were all drinking Stella. We havd four and then headed to the curry house..

It was in the curry house that it all went wrong. Ben and I are both as English as they come. I have always said he looks Turkish as I know that it annoys him. For some reason a lot of other people on the table decided to join in and we were all calling him Mehmet.

This really annoyed him and he started saying I am losing my hair which fairness is true. This resulting arguement went on his me calling me "Mehmet" and him calling me "Duncan Goodhew" all night. We parted at London Bridge at 11pm still trading insults.

Came in this morning and all has been forgotten but last night he really annoyed me.

Anyone else come to blows with a mate when drunk only for it to be forgotten later on.

DtS

I sh*gged my mate's bird once and when he found out he dumped her for being unfaithful as he said he would rather stay friends with me :p

One particular occasion on a lads Holiday springs to mind...

Me and a few mates shot off to Magaluf for a summers **** up, 2 of us were single, including me, whilst the other 2 were seeing someone at the time. Decision was made that there had to be a single lad and someone taken in each room just incase we both pulled on the same night which, if you know Magaluf in midsummer, Isnt exactly difficult.

To cut a long story short, I pulled some bird and my mate who i was rooming with wasnt happy at all to come back and sleep in the same room. As me and this girl walked into the room, I didn't even have time to get her clothes off before my friend was banging on the door telling me to let him in and "send the skank on her way". Some wingman, eh?

I let it slide, hoping he'd go away, but this got worse and his continual banging on the door was irritating. The girl, whose name i've now forgotten, got up, got dressed and stormed out of the room... calling my mate a ****er as she walked past him. I couldn't disagree with her at this point.

He came into the room shouting at me, telling me he didnt want the room smelling of sex when he was trying to sleep. I told him he could sleep on the balcony or in the bath if he weren't happy... He called me a C*nt, we traded insults which in a drunken haze i've forgotten. I stormed out to cool off at the hotel bar.

Now we didn't have aircon in our room, and when i came back the room was boiling inside and my mate was asleep. To cool it down, i opened the balcony doors and fell asleep. My mate found it too noisy and closed the balcony doors, creating an oven that could melt steel. I opened the balcony doors to cool the room down after waking in a pool of my own sweat and melted skin ( Ok, this may be an exaggeration). This cycle repeated itself pretty much all night and morning until i was just about ready to smother him with his own pillow and plead ignorance when the spanish maid turned up in the morning and tried to move him.

Instead, listening to my sober(ish) side of my consciousness, i ripped the mattress off my bed and pulled it onto the balcony and slept for a few more hours. He indeed shut the door on me just as i got the mattress on the balcony. C*nt.

Outside of that situation he's one my best friends around and is a great guy. Loves Southend as much as i do and we used to go to games together until i got Exiled here in Eastbourne.

Last edited:
That is truely awful.....How could you do that to you mate...

:flamer:

I was 20, had just been dumped by my girlfriend of 3 years and wanted to sample the delights of another woman. Not proud of it but that's my defence m'lud!

She was a right dirty little bitch too, although a little bit off her rocker. I think to be honest she felt threatened that me & Ben (coincidence considering your story DtS) were such good mates and she wanted me out of the picture!

Oh & we had just got thumped 4-1 at Grimsby on the Sat IIRC (Oct 93), that was another mitigating circumstance!

I was 20, had just been dumped by my girlfriend of 3 years and wanted to sample the delights of another woman. Not proud of it but that's my defence m'lud!

She was a right dirty little bitch too, although a little bit off her rocker. I think to be honest she felt threatened that me & Ben (coincidence considering your story DtS) were such good mates and she wanted me out of the picture!

Oh & we had just got thumped 4-1 at Grimsby on the Sat IIRC (Oct 93), that was another mitigating circumstance!

Having been at that Grimsby game myself with my Dad I share your pain.:guns:

Yes... sadly, with pretty terminal effects. There was a guy called Dave at uni who I got on with pretty well with. Dave was from Gloucester, and one day over a few beers we'd debated where exactly Gloucester is in the UK. Dave swore blind that Gloucester was in "the West Country", which in fairness it probably is (Hils could perhaps confirm). However, I had been living in Devon for a few years - proper West Country, that is - and another mate of mine Jules, who also knew Dave, lived in Somerset... again, indisputably the West Country. So, Jules & I decided, during this debate, to argue that Gloucester wasn't in the West Country - but was in fact in the West Midlands.

For reasons known only to himself, this really p*ssed Dave off. Naturally, that was a red rag to a bull, so every time we saw Dave thereafter, we would greet him with "Alright, Daaave?" in the Brummiest accent possible.

After initially being jolly irked by this habit, Dave eventually got the gag and went along with it... or so I thought.

Turns out that deep down, this must have always really annoyed Dave - because one evening, he and I went out for a curry, had quite a few Stellas... and he promptly spent the rest of the evening making pretty much constant jibes about how I am not exactly the world's slimmest man.

Two hours later, I'd pretty much had enough of that - and told him to shut his f***ing mouth or that I'd do it for him, and that only people I liked were entitled to take the p*ss out of my girth.

:(

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm not sure we've ever spoken since - and that must be the best part of a decade ago.

Beer, eh? Brings out the best in people, doesn't it...

:cry:

haha thats quality... at uni we used to walk the short distance home from the union and that involved crossing victoria park (allegedly the only park where there are more male rapes than female rapes!)... often this would turn into bundles and other male shenanegans. Once however my friend decided that ripping off his shirt and doing a running flying drop kick thing at my mate would be a good idea... he landed and broke his coccyx and gave my mate a broken nose. wasn't big or clever but was the funniest night ever, except that my mate couldnt sit down in lectures and so assumed a funny kneeling position in the aisle!

A bunch of us were coming from London one night. At Tottenham Court Road tube station me and one of my mates started having a bit of a ruck just mucking about and that, the end result was I broke my nose!

New Years just gone I went to a house party at a mates, known him for years not sure where from though.

Anyway his parents were away so he and his older sister decided to have a huge **** up at theirs, the beer was flowing everyone was having a great time. As the beer was kicking in I made the great decision of making a pass at his sister, as it turns out he is quite protective of her something I didn't know about until it was to late. Now I was fully expecting his sister to turn me down but she had obvioulsy been drinking for a lot longer than everyone else and was up for getting to know each other a little better.
So we slip away from the crowd and head to the privacy of her bedroom, unknown to the two of us it was getting close to midnight, before anything happened there was a knock on the door and a shout of "2 minutes till midnight, get out here".
Both of us being sociable characters we decide to celebrate the new year then carry on were we left off as we left the room we got spotted by my mate John, he obviously wasn't best pleased and a huge argument started despite me protesting that nothing happened he wouldn't believe me even though I was telling the truth, anyway not long afterwards I stumble home in a drunken mess.

Next morning I vaguely remember what happened and decide its best to go over there to apologise, I turn up ring the doorbell and John answers, he obviously remembered too as he answered with "what the **** do you want you ****?". For some unknown reason I tried to crack a joke thinking he was over reacting so I ask "Is your sister in?", I thought it was funny, he didn't and he swung for me. Luckily I have never suffered from a hangover so my ninja reflexes were still quite sharp and I avoided the punch, while he was still drunk and his momentum made him fall over and hit his head on the plant pot cutting his cheekbone.

He was a bit ****ed off for a couple of days but is ok now, even though he does get a bit annoyed when the subject changes to his sister, wonder why.

The best one I can think of was a few years back, when I were playing under 16's football for Southminster Phoenix. We were a very good team, sitting top of the league and had to win this tricky looking fixture away from home to win the league, although this was about 4/5 games before the end of the season so we could have won it whenever.

Anyways, we went 1 nil down after about 20 minutes after completely dominating the game and this fella called Gareth, who was revelatively new to the team, lost possesion in the middle of the park that lead to their goal. I was ****ed off because I'd missed a great chance earlier on and called him a "Welsh ****" and explaining as best I could to pass it to me earlier. Now he took exception to this, even though technically he is Welsh he considers himself English. He turned round and called me a "fat ****" which technically I am fat but certainly not a ****.

This row lasted about 5 minutes in the middle of the park with the game still going on around us, now our striker turned round and said "for **** sake get you game heads on". Now the striker got sent off for that and Gareth walked off the pitch leaving us down to 9 men.

Half time came and went am I levelled the scores with 30 minutes to go as we laid seige to their goal. About 10 minutes to go, Gareth returned in and scored the winner with 5 minutes to go. Que much celebration and hugging each other along with our team mates. Eventually we won the game 2-1 and won the league and we still have a good laugh about it whenever we meet up.

Dave swore blind that Gloucester was in "the West Country", which in fairness it probably is (Hils could perhaps confirm).

As I am a geographer, I can confirm that Gloucester is definately West Country, Matt. :D

It's not the South West, as this area isn't really south, and its too far south to be considered West Midlands, even though we can watch Midlands Today, which is our version of BBC London News.....

So your wrong, Matt. For a change :D

Back