• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dryathlon

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Is anyone else doing this?

I decided to stop the couple of glasses of wine of an evening and it has been a lot easier than I thought.

I haven't lost any weight yet but I seem to have more energy, concentration levels are up and it is a lot easier to avoid the subsidised breakfasts at work. Thinking of keeping it up indefinitely with just the odd beer here and there.

Nice cartoon in the current Private Eye:-

Housewife to husband drinking a glass of wine:-"I thought you were going dry this month?"

"I am.This is an excellent dry white." :smile:

I barely drink these days - a couple of glasses of red at the weekend will do me.

Not for me. I'm still getting through the stuff we have left over from Christmas so at the moment I'm having a couple of bottles of beer a night instead of none.

I'm just getting around to throwing a bucket of water over my head. I'll stop drinking in April.

I can't keep up with these online self-promoting charity drives.

January is a ***** month anyway, why make it any worse by depriving yourself of a little pleasure?!

I decided to stop the couple of glasses of wine of an evening and it has been a lot easier than I thought.

I haven't lost any weight yet but I seem to have more energy, concentration levels are up and it is a lot easier to avoid the subsidised breakfasts at work. Thinking of keeping it up indefinitely with just the odd beer here and there.

My wife is doing it slightly differently. She's doing 31 days from the 3rd Jan to the 2nd Feb. The reason is that she is doing it from her birthday to what would have been her dad's. That period of 31 days also includes the date of his death 5 years ago. She's also using it as an opportunity to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association because her dad died from MND after years of slow, painful decline.

January is a ***** month anyway, why make it any worse by depriving yourself of a little pleasure?!

It's known as the month with the highest amount of divorces due to financial constraints following christmas!

I'm not a heavy drinker, have never been I go out for the odd night out for occasions, leaving do's etc. But I very rarely sit and home and drink so no I won't be doing it.

No way.
16 of us, going to a local Maldon brewery tomorrow evening to sample the local ales.
Dryahlon. Not for me!!

Back