• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• If I can be bothered might try it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentlemen

Tonight Mrs DtS is in for a treat. As she has been out all day I am doing dinner. Now being the busy IFA that I am I cant be spending hours cooking so I am doing an easy dish. As I know as least two people have tried DtS Cooking Corner reciepes in the past I thought I might share with you this beauty.

Coddled Pork - For two

Ingredients

Two or Three Chops (depends how greedy you are - I am having two
A small amount of butter or marge
4 Rasher of bacon - cut into smaller bits
A few potatoes cut into cubes once peeled
A large carrot - peeled and sliced
A small swede peeled and chopped into small cubes
1/2 a Cabbage cut up into thin strips
Some mushroomes halved of you like them
An onion peeled anc chopped
100 ml Cider
100 Ml Chicken Stock.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method

1.Heat the butter in a casserole dish until sizzling, then fry the pork for 2-3 mins on each side until browned. Remove from the pan.

2.Tip the bacon, carrot, potatoes,nushroom, onions and swede into the pan, then gently fry until slightly coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sit the chops back on top, then pour over the cider and stock. Cover the pan, then leave everything to gently simmer for 30 mins (check this as does vary a bit) until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.

I will be doing this tonight and will post up a picture of it. If anyone else joins me let me know.

Its really simple to do for you non cookers and full of veg too.

Cheers
DtS

sounds good, will give it a go. could you slow cook it, or would the cabbage just disintegrate?

The cabbage will turn to mush if it's overcooked.

I'd add some fresh Rosemary or even Thyme to the dish mate.

Sounds good, Dave.
What will you be having to drink with it, wine, or will that not work with the cider?
How about desert, got time to make that too?

All good questions.

Drink I will have water, the wife I suspect the same.

(Food) Desert will not be happening as were both being good at the moment. Other deserts depend on how good dinner is...

Ladies and Gentlemen

Tonight Mrs DtS is in for a treat. As she has been out all day I am doing dinner. Now being the busy IFA that I am I cant be spending hours cooking so I am doing an easy dish. As I know as least two people have tried DtS Cooking Corner reciepes in the past I thought I might share with you this beauty.

Coddled Pork - For two

Ingredients

Two or Three Chops (depends how greedy you are - I am having two
A small amount of butter or marge
4 Rasher of bacon - cut into smaller bits
A few potatoes cut into cubes once peeled
A large carrot - peeled and sliced
A small swede peeled and chopped into small cubes
1/2 a Cabbage cut up into thin strips
Some mushroomes halved of you like them
An onion peeled anc chopped
100 ml Cider
100 Ml Chicken Stock.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method

1.Heat the butter in a casserole dish until sizzling, then fry the pork for 2-3 mins on each side until browned. Remove from the pan.

2.Tip the bacon, carrot, potatoes,nushroom, onions and swede into the pan, then gently fry until slightly coloured. Stir in the cabbage, sit the chops back on top, then pour over the cider and stock. Cover the pan, then leave everything to gently simmer for 30 mins (check this as does vary a bit) until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.

I will be doing this tonight and will post up a picture of it. If anyone else joins me let me know.

Its really simple to do for you non cookers and full of veg too.

Cheers
DtS

Cheers for the offer mate, it's a bit of a trek over to yours but I could maybe get there for 7:30?

When are you going to invite SZ over for a BBQ?
Plenty of room in your garden for us to pitch a tent each & stay the night.
Shall we make it during the euros. Good idea, Dave :smile:

Let's just say it's a possibility Girth. Local area is full of posh talent but having seen your magic in Manchester I think you will be fine wherever you go.

just to go back to the recipe. we had a variation (used some sausages that we had in the freezer) and it was great. nice one Dave.

Surely the pork chop should be adding value as part if a mixed grill rather than being smothered by vegetables?The posh word for this is synergy.

Back