• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dudders and nicky

patsy127

I know there are going to be like twenty different topics about how well we played, so i ain't going to go on about that. But two players that stood out to me today, and played superb were nicky nicolau and lawrie Dufield, nicky deserved that chance, and he defiantly showed he wanted it. I think he has booked his place on that wing for Cardiff. Now for Lawrie i apoligise because not to long ago i sat here and cained him down, saying he was awful. but today he played awesome!, i am naming and shaming myself for being wrong. oh by the way, i know the "easy" chant is great fun to sing but it was anything but easy, winning 1-0 on a penalty is not "easy". i feel sorry for the Northampton fans, i couldn't face it, if we missed out on a penalty. but well done to the boys,deserve it !!!

Even Super Cheese Wilson played superb with his brillaint crunch tackles!!, everyone played well.

COME ON SOUTHEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

It was fairly easy. We outplayed them, we did need the penalty though because we didn't look like scoring. We had much more chances than them, though, and it was easy after the goal.

I agree Nicolau was superb, yet again he took his chance in the team superbly. Gower can stay on the bench! We play better football when Nicky's in the team and create more chances.

I didn't think Dudfield was that good though. He wasn't bad but he didn't do much. Thought he did OK in the first half but quieter in the 2nd.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ May 22 2005,20:06)]I think once again it proved Dudfield and Eastwood dosen't work.
Well neither does Gray and Eastwood at the moment either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ May 21 2005,21:44)]It was fairly easy. We outplayed them, we did need the penalty though because we didn't look like scoring. We had much more chances than them, though, and it was easy after the goal.
What game were you watching?!!

It was far from easy, hence the one goal that seperated the two sides. We certainly didn't outplay them either. We had some good spells of pressure, but they had some very good chances as well. On Sky towards the end of the first half they showed the number of chances - it was 6-4 in their favour with 5 of theirs on target to our 1! We may have had a few more than them in the second half, but that would overall make it pretty even, wouldn't it?

We had the better of the game overall but still didnt really create anything.

They had better chances than we did, Flahavans save, and a Kirk shot just past the post in the first half stand out.

On topic, Nicky had a really good game today, looked very lively and well up for it. He did get a little over excited for a while after the goal but cant blame him for that!

Dudfield worked hard but I just cant see him scoring. However I couldnt say that Gray deserved to be in the team ahead of him either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ May 22 2005,20:30)]Nicky is always amazing, and a really nice bloke too
Amazingly poor at Oxford!

When he plays left midfield, I think he's worth his place, but not at left back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 23 2005,10:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ May 22 2005,20:30)]Nicky is always amazing, and a really nice bloke too
Amazingly poor at Oxford!

When he plays left midfield, I think he's worth his place, but not at left back.
Agreed. His defending style just doesn't suit our back four and you could see clearly that he hadn't adapted to play with the others. Perhaps this is understandable bearing in mind his absence but the same was true at Northampton in the LDV where Smith gave him a bit of a roasting until they bewilderingly reshuffled their tactics.

In stark contrast, Jupp came in and fitted quite neatly in the back four.

Still, as OS says, we should probably be judging him as a left winger. I'm not saying he can't defend whatsoever and the fact that he has played full back and knows how to defend one-on-one would be a massively useful attribute for a winger with as much pace as he has.

Back