• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dudders roasted em today,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Lincoln were full of 6 foot 6 plus stick insects so what do we do, lump it in the air. As soon as Dudfield comes on he whips round the back of them and looks dangerous. Bad team selection i am afraid, all that hoofing was never going to
work so a hold up player like Lawrie was a must from the start.Two points poorly lost today with bad planing against a team that only know one way, in the air.

Fair enough selection, the couple of times Eastwood and Dudfield have played together they haven't hit it off.

With Dudfield running the channels and eastwood dropping deep there is been a big hole up front.

In the form Freddy is in, he is the automatic selection and the question is who plays alongside him. In Bramble's absence that is going to always be Gray.

Well that partnership never looked like scoring today and where does this Freddy and Dudders don't work come from? They have had very limited time together but everyone wants to write it off. When Lawrie came on today it was a breath of fresh air!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 13 2005,00:31)]With Dudfield running the channels and eastwood dropping deep there is been a big hole up front.
Whoever we have up front out of our main three strikers we seem to have a massive hole in the middle. Dudfield seems to work the channels this season far more than he did last. Eastwood is always dropping deep and I don't think that Wayne Gray is a target man really. He is always looking to get wide too and thats where he does most of his work.

I swear Dudfield spent more time in the box last season than he has done this year. I don't know whats going on there.

I agree totally with wiggy here, poor tactics from Tilson really. He must've known what playing Lincoln involves.

Then again though it could've been down to his injury that he's had? Gray is too much of a donkey, he works hard to get the ball then trips over his own feet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Mar. 13 2005,11:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 13 2005,08:17)]Missed Bramble.
Add a comma between the two words and that sums up his Southend carer quite well.
I know he's a bit slow of thought, but.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Mar. 13 2005,00:24)]Lincoln were full of 6 foot 6 plus stick insects so what do we do, lump it in the air. As soon as Dudfield comes on he whips round the back of them and looks dangerous. Bad team selection i am afraid, all that hoofing  was never going to
work so a hold up player like Lawrie was a must from the start.Two points poorly lost today with bad planing against a team that only know one way, in the air.
Wise words, Wiggy.
Dudfield always causes problems for giant defences a la Lincoln. He can hold the ball up, he rarely gets knocked off the ball and he must have the best first touch and control of any player currently available. Plus he can score goals.
Apart from his well taken penalty (courtesy of a fine Dudfield cross) I think Eastwood had a poor game. He doesn't seem comfortable mixing it with the big boys, Unlike Lawrie, who appears to relish it.

Back