• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dudders,

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Jan. 26 2005,15:17)]One goal wonder , i do not think so. Remember him linking up with Connie at Boston, pleasure to watch. Must now seriously question True blues judgement as Dudfield has impressed since he came here. Could someone confirm  his goals to minutes on pitch compared to our other 3 strikers, must be fairly impressive!
I think TB was talking about Drewe
laugh.gif

Thats harsh calling Drewenaldo a one goal wonder. I can remember all of his LDV goals all 4/5? of them? The guy will go down in Southend United history whether you like it or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Jan. 26 2005,08:19)]but for me the key was our workrate, whenever a swindon man had the ball we were all over him like a rash. never gave them a chance to deliver quality ball
It would be nice to see the same sort of work-rate in the next game as well. Our form in the league has dropped, hopefully this is a slight turning-point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Jan. 26 2005,15:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Jan. 26 2005,08:19)]but for me the key was our workrate, whenever a swindon man had the ball we were all over him like a rash. never gave them a chance to deliver quality ball
It would be nice to see the same sort of work-rate in the next game as well. Our form in the league has dropped, hopefully this is a slight turning-point.
Seconded.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thats harsh calling Drewenaldo a one goal wonder. I can remember all of his LDV goals all 4/5? of them? The guy will go down in Southend United history whether you like it or not.
... and fair comment he will but I think theres is one or two people who get to diluded that hes some sort of God!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 26 2005,17:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thats harsh calling Drewenaldo a one goal wonder. I can remember all of his LDV goals all 4/5? of them? The guy will go down in Southend United history whether you like it or not.
... and fair comment he will but I think theres is one or two people who get to diluded that hes some sort of God!
I'm included in that one or two, so who is the other one? Come forward!

The guy scored the goal/s that took us to our first ever final and for that I will be forever grateful.

So will I but appart from that what has he done for this club. Yes we all know his heart is in the right place but football is about wether you can do the job not how much you want to!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 26 2005,17:19)]So will I but appart from that what has he done for this club. Yes we all know his heart is in the right place but football is about wether you can do the job not how much you want to!
Well he played his part in keeping this Club in the division it is in now.

I think we will agree that he is now the fifth choice striker at the Club and isn't as good as Dudders, Tes, Gray and Freddy but will probably be remembered long after his has gone but will these guys?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,18:01)]Well he played his part in keeping this Club in the division it is in now.
That's a little harsh on Drewe.

I know he probably contributed more than any single player to making it a bad season, but even without him I don't think we'd have finished above 10th, let alone in a promotion place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think we will agree that he is now the fifth choice striker at the Club and isn't as good as Dudders, Tes, Gray and Freddy but will probably be remembered long after his has gone but will these guys?
agreed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 26 2005,18:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 26 2005,18:01)]Well he played his part in keeping this Club in the division it is in now.
That's a little harsh on Drewe.

I know he probably contributed more than any single player to making it a bad season, but even without him I don't think we'd have finished above 10th, let alone in a promotion place.
laugh.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Go on then name the players at the club who have scored a hatrick this season....

err Fred(d)y and ummm oh yes

DREWNALDO!

upside.gif
wink.gif

Dreeeeewwwwwweeee legend!
We should start a thread on Drewe appreciation
He's a god

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 26 2005,23:45)]Dreeeeewwwwwweeee legend!
He's a god
I think Drewe (like some other "unspectacular" players, eg Maher) has been underated by some. The comment about him being the reason for our poor season last year was daft. He plays to a style that this club has now mostly moved on from. Doesn't make him a bad player. His game at Carlisle was superb, and that was the turning point, IMHO, when we stopped looking like relegation fodder and started to climb again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 26 2005,23:42)]
[b said:
[b said:
Go on then name the players at the club who have scored a hatrick this season....

err Fred(d)y and ummm oh yes

DREWNALDO!

upside.gif

wink.gif
Dudders has also scored a hattrick this season....or don't you keep up with the Essex Senior Cup.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 26 2005,23:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 26 2005,23:45)]Dreeeeewwwwwweeee legend!
He's a god
I think Drewe (like some other "unspectacular" players, eg Maher) has been underated by some. The comment about him being the reason for our poor season last year was daft. He plays to a style that this club has now mostly moved on from. Doesn't make him a bad player. His game at Carlisle was superb, and that was the turning point, IMHO, when we stopped looking like relegation fodder and started to climb again.
I wasn't saying Drewenaldo was the reason we are still in this division. I meant he played his part in keeping us up, along with every player last season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 27 2005,09:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] He plays to a style that this club has now mostly moved on from.
that makes him usefull to us!
smile.gif
A while ago I suggested that Drewe's character - his very positive attitude - was pretty useful to the club, (and I suspect it still could be), but no, I think that it might be time for Drewe to move on. What I don't like is the negativity around some players, the constant knocking they get. In my view a player has to be very poor, or behave very badly (e.g. Rawle) before it is fair to slag him off the way some players regularly are.

Keith Dublin is a perfect example, a great LOYAL servant to the club, always played his heart out, did a decent job when used as a stand in striker and yet he seems to be the butt of endless jokes and a figure of fun for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back