• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dudders,

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
first name on the teamsheet up front. Pace, skill and a natural poacher, it is now time to perm the other three around him. Thought the whole team played well tonight except Bentley, whats happened to him, looked well off the pace again.

Bentley was off the pace but actually didn't play too badly - much better than against Notts County - and I think the situation is exagerrated by the fact that everyone else played so well.

For me, Gray was the least effective, but still gets a 7.5... all the others 8's and 9's with Dudfield MotM.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Dudfield looks so good at the moment. He's a 20 a season striker at this level. Eastwood's dramatic arrival on the scene took the attention away from Dudfield for a while but Lawrie is a class act and I'd always have him in the team to be honest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Jan. 26 2005,00:25)]first name on the teamsheet up front. Pace, skill and a natural poacher, it is now time to perm the other three around him. Thought the whole team played well tonight except Bentley, whats happened to him, looked well off the pace again.
Wiggy, I take my hat off to you. On a night when Flav's is universaly acknowledged to have been superb, you have resisted the temptation to gloat.. And yes, (as I said in an earlier thread this afternoon) Dudders is a class act, and I think he deserves an extended run in the side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 26 2005,00:37)]but Lawrie is a class act and I'd always have him in the team to be honest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp @ Jan. 26 2005,00:37)] Dudders is a class act, and I think he deserves an extended run in the side.

Snap!

Great minds and all that....
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 26 2005,00:47)]Great minds and all that....
smile.gif
If I say that to my missus, she always says "fools seldom differ"
down.gif

But then again, she's only a girlie, what does she know?

biggrin.gif

Dudfield has acted like a great pro off the pitch as well, after being dropped for most of the season he has just got on with trying to get back in the team, and has never come out and moaned about the situation.

For this alone and also his great performance's lately(especially last night), i'd like to see him get a run in the team.

i thought duds was great last night. but for me the key was our workrate, whenever a swindon man had the ball we were all over him like a rash. never gave them a chance to deliver quality ball

Dudfield was defo my MoM last night, he was fecking superb. Hunt was a close second, although his strong bobbling backpass to Darryl about 6 yards from goal stopped the old heart for a second!

So you all think Tes might be on the bench for a while then ?

tounge.gif

Not only has Dudds acted like a model pro (well spotted and commented on shrimper magic) but Darryl appears to have silenced his critics, me included, with two faultless displays.

Not only that I'm sure I saw Eastwood pass the ball when he came on !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 26 2005,08:59)]Not only that I'm sure I saw Eastwood pass the ball when he came on !
Me and Shags were truly shocked when he did what he did. He actually held the ball, looked around and just passed it back.

Last night was superb. We had everything. A superb team performance, a clean sheet, lots of chances created and will have lifted everyone's confidence (both players and fans) ...

Kev

smile.gif

strange how football changes over a year. last seasons hero in the ldv dreeeeewwww went almost unoticed at half time drawing the raffle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Jan. 26 2005,13:46)]strange how football changes over a year. last seasons hero in the ldv dreeeeewwww went almost unoticed at half time drawing the raffle
How could he go un noticed?

You couldn't miss him with his massive, gleaming white pair of TJ Hooker trainers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Pace, skill and a natural poacher
hahaah your joking right does a 'Natural Poacher' need a deflection off the keeper and then another off a defender to score?
Pace?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
what pace hes not the fastest of players Gray and Eastwood are both faster!
Granted though he did have a good game last night and long may it continue but lets not go over board wiggy!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]strange how football changes over a year. last seasons hero in the ldv dreeeeewwww went almost unoticed at half time drawing the raffle

Again here we go with the one goal wonder I personaly don't think one goal should imortalise a player and that a player should be judged over his course of his time with a club!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pace??? what pace

How about the pace he used to accelarate away from the defender he mugged before expertly chipping the ball over the goalkeeper?

One goal wonder , i do not think so. Remember him linking up with Connie at Boston, pleasure to watch. Must now seriously question True blues judgement as Dudfield has impressed since he came here. Could someone confirm  his goals to minutes on pitch compared to our other 3 strikers, must be fairly impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back