• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So with K.O. a little over 24 hours away, what are your thoughts?

Dundee preview - http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/home/news_detail.asp?newsid=1758

So far Dundee have played 3 friendlies, winning 2 and losing 1 most recently to St. Johnstone 0-2 on Weds night.

It looks like they have a fairly small squad (17) I think and have a few injury problems. Combined with financial difficulties.

Last season they finished 6th in Division 1. But if it wasn't for the 25 point deduction (Admin) they would of pushed Dunfermline very close for promotion to the Prem. This includes a 23 game unbeaten streak!

Their top scorers last season were: Sean Higgins (9) - Now at St.Johnstone. Craig Forsyth (8) - Now at Watford. Leigh Griffiths (8) - Now at Wolves.

They have been busy in the transfer market as a result and have brought in a number of players, to try and compensate for the loss of last seasons stars.

Considering the problems they had off the field last year. They did remarkably well. They should provide very decent opposition for our boys and will prove a good yardstick on how far we have come in the last 12 months.

"Dundee will wear home kit for Saturday’s game. Southend Utd wearing cherry red."

Someone's in for a shock, I reckon.

I imagine we'll get turned over, They will be further into their pre-season preps I would assume

This match will give us a better idea of how good a team we are building than the friendlies against Dartford and Great Wakering, but there is still a long way to go in pre-season.

Even then with transfers in and out before the start of the season it could be a very different come 6 August and Hereford.

I'm worried about any of our player turning into heroin addicts and hope they are being suitably chaperoned.

We should get a cracking work out, if nothing else, against the Scottish teams as their season starts proper next weekend and so this will be there almost final push for fitness and match sharpness. Any result against Dundee tomorrow I feel will be a cracking result!

Any truth in the rumour we will be trialling at least one OOC scots based player in these games. Ryan McGuffie for arguments sake?

From having a little look on the Dee's forums. They only think around 100-150 will bother showing up tomorrow.

I reckon we will have about that!

So with K.O. a little over 24 hours away, what are your thoughts?

Dundee preview - http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/home/news_detail.asp?newsid=1758

So far Dundee have played 3 friendlies, winning 2 and losing 1 most recently to St. Johnstone 0-2 on Weds night.

It looks like they have a fairly small squad (17) I think and have a few injury problems. Combined with financial difficulties.

Last season they finished 6th in Division 1. But if it wasn't for the 25 point deduction (Admin) they would of pushed Dunfermline very close for promotion to the Prem. This includes a 23 game unbeaten streak!

Their top scorers last season were: Sean Higgins (9) - Now at St.Johnstone. Craig Forsyth (8) - Now at Watford. Leigh Griffiths (8) - Now at Wolves.

They have been busy in the transfer market as a result and have brought in a number of players, to try and compensate for the loss of last seasons stars.

Considering the problems they had off the field last year. They did remarkably well. They should provide very decent opposition for our boys and will prove a good yardstick on how far we have come in the last 12 months.

Sounds familiar......

:winking:

is this game going to be live on bbc essex? Not much else to do on a saturday afternoon this time of year :'(

Game now delayed until 3:30 and first game has gone to penalties between east fife and the rovers

Team - *morris, clohessy, moshni, barker, gilbert, grant, ndiaye, sawyer, johnson, harris, hall. Subs - bentley, coughlan, leonard, ricketts, crawford, prosser and james lewis

Back