• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dunno if anyone reads the Nolan column

Pubey

But I think what he says in his last question is really relevent to where we are right now...

My question is, how much effect does the crowd have on your performance as a player? Does the Reebok Roar really help? When you are playing away, can negative comments from opposing fans have an effect?
Victoria (Horwich), UK

In the match at Blackburn I thought our fans were fantastic - it felt as though we were playing at home.

And when the fans at home really get behind us it really does give the players a lift.

A lot of the lads do comment about the fans after a game - how good they have been.

They really can be the 12th man and it does breed confidence - the fans do have the power to drive us on to bigger and better things

The problem we've got lads is that the crowd's confidence is as low as the players at the mo. If a song gets going in the stand I'll always sing my heart out and I agree that it does seem to have an effect on the players. However, it looks like at the moment, the players are gonna have to do something to raise the crowd first. Thats not an opinion, its an observation from Tuesday night.

Only one way to get an atmosphere - get the North Bank back.

i agree we are in a catch 22 at the moment, the team will raise their game if the fans get going... but the fans will only get going if the team raise their game.... im hoping a win today will give the fans something to cheer about on tuesday and sat... lets get the roots hall roar back!

Back