• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DVD Ripper

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
I have still as yet never uploaded anything on to YouTube, but have been thinking for years I should get some of my old VHS footage onto there. Having put some old SUFC footage onto a DVD this morning, it has reminded me again that maybe I should give it a try.

Having looked into it, it appears I need a DVD Ripper to get the video from the DVD onto my hard drive in order to then be able to upload it to YouTube. The top two entries from a Google search for "DVD Ripper" are Magic DVD Ripper, which currently costs £34.97 and WinX DVD Ripper which is free.

So, my question to techies out there is: is my choice as obvious as it seems - do I go for the free version? Is it any good? Do you have any others that you recommend? What do you use?

Once I've downloaded a ripper, I presume it's a straightforward process from there to get the video on to the hard drive and then on to You Tube? I will have a question about what is the best format to save it to for getting it onto YouTube, but maybe I need to take this one thing at a time :unsure:

Any help much appreciated!