• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dylan Duncan

I just been trying to find out when he was signed by Tottenham.

There's something so disheartening about seeing 'Tottenham Starlet' in headlines when it could very well have been the work of our academy... :'(

I just been trying to find out when he was signed by Tottenham.

There's something so disheartening about seeing 'Tottenham Starlet' in headlines when it could very well have been the work of our academy... :'(

No offence, but your googling sucks:raspberry:

Never heard of this guy but this is why there's so little talent in the lower leagues - show even a whiff of talent and you'll be one of the many hundreds in Tottenham's youth system. This is what's changed most about football in my lifetime - rarely do we get a player we can sell upwards because they've all been poached at the age of 14. That and the fact that any contact between two footballers is now a foul.

Young lad with Spurs now invited to train with England. Another one stolen from us thanks to EPPP?

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co....england-team/story-29893423-detail/story.html

The academy accepts it will lose most of their better players but this is not seen as a bad thing. Until we get a level 2 status they know this will be the case.

In fact those of you who mocked the club for losing 6-0 to Orient don't know that we have lost 6 players from that age group to bigger clubs. If like others in the last year they go on to first team football we will benefit financially in future.

Colchester have better facilities than us but we are attracting better players in the first place as I believe under Ricky Duncan we have produced about 22 players who have gone on to play first team football at various clubs.

Some times the moves are parent orientated but we can't force young lads to stay and our track record will be to our advantage long term even though it seems unfair to us fans.

We regularly have threads about gambling on non league 'rough diamonds' but the best way to invest what little money we have to spare, is without doubt in the academy.

To put it simply 11 and 12 year old diamonds are free where as 22 and 23 year old diamonds cost to much money.

Still kicking around as a free agent after his release in the summer, surprised he's not found a club yet.

Seems like he left over the winter, can't find what he is up to now. Last chance saloon I think now.

Back