• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I see the club are doing their now annual early season card push.

I see that they have reduced youngster tickets. To a reasonable £150, but adults are now £395!

Surely they have to be amongst the highest priced in the league. That is also accounting for any increase after the April.

If the club are serious about retaining high levels of attendance I don't see how £395 is good value.

Is it not time that the club start pricing stands individually.

£395 East
£375 south upper
£300 south lower
£350 west

I see that they have reduced youngster tickets. To a reasonable £150, but adults are now £395!

Surely they have to be amongst the highest priced in the league. That is also accounting for any increase after the April.

If the club are serious about retaining high levels of attendance I don't see how £395 is good value.

£395 East
£375 south upper
£300 south lower
£350 west

It wouldn't be those prices though. If you lowered the cost of some tickets, you'd have to raise the others to make ends meet.

I will renew mine but money wise its a hell of a lot especially considering the facilities are not great (even though I love Roots Hall and wouldn't change it for the world) and if you do happen to miss one or two games through holidays or a wedding for example then you've near enough lost any savings that you made by having a season card. I don't know if the club have a buy back system but I doubt it's really needed but could be a good idea if we had bigger games i.e if we were in the championship.

I feel it should be cheaper and more affordable but I do also want the club to do well financially. I would love to try it for one season and have season tickets at say £200 and kids for £1. I think we could sell a hell of a lot that way whilst introducing a lot of younger fans to watching the blues.

But to be fair to the club I did see that they were running a few new incentives this year like the refer a year discount etc so at least that is something.

£395 East
£375 south upper
£300 south lower
£350 west

South Lower is already cheaper at £335 but as the South Lower is still classed as a family stand you are meant to have a child with you.

The price reduced was the Young Person 17-22 ticket from £235 to £150.

The Junior ticket 9-16 is still excellent value at £85 and the under 9 ticket even better at £23.

The club must have looked at the uptake of Juniors moving to the older age bracket and found not many Juniors were getting the Young Person ticket. So a good move by the club.

But they must have also looked at the amount of Adults renewing and found that a high number renew no matter what so no reduction there.

The idea about the different prices is ok but lets face it there really are very few seats at Roots Hall that do not have some sort of restricted view even in the East Stand.

I will renew mine but money wise its a hell of a lot especially considering the facilities are not great (even though I love Roots Hall and wouldn't change it for the world) and if you do happen to miss one or two games through holidays or a wedding for example then you've near enough lost any savings that you made by having a season card. I don't know if the club have a buy back system but I doubt it's really needed but could be a good idea if we had bigger games i.e if we were in the championship.

I feel it should be cheaper and more affordable but I do also want the club to do well financially. I would love to try it for one season and have season tickets at say £200 and kids for £1. I think we could sell a hell of a lot that way whilst introducing a lot of younger fans to watching the blues.

But to be fair to the club I did see that they were running a few new incentives this year like the refer a year discount etc so at least that is something.
We only have the capacity to sell about 7,000 season tickets which we would do easily at £200 per adult but at the moment we have around 4,000 season tickets at the current prices so I suppose the club feel there is no need to do a Bradford City special offer.

Don't forget if we do go up then we would sell loads more season tickets even at the current prices.

I shall be renewing mine but like others have said the expierence at the ground is not the most pleasant

My annual how to spread the cost post

This post gets earlier every year....

Apply for 0% introductory offer credit card
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards
Receive card and pay by credit card (will cost more, but you have added protection if the club goes under)
Set up direct debit to pay minimum amount per month
Diairise date has to be paid off in full
Cut up credit card
Put £33 each month into saving account for 12 months - try and find one which pays at least some interest
Before credit card introductory offer expires, pay off remaining balance

My annual how to spread the cost post

This post gets earlier every year....

Apply for 0% introductory offer credit card
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards
Receive card and pay by credit card (will cost more, but you have added protection if the club goes under)
Set up direct debit to pay minimum amount per month
Diairise date has to be paid off in full
Cut up credit card
Put £33 each month into saving account for 12 months - try and find one which pays at least some interest
Before credit card introductory offer expires, pay off remaining balance

May I offer a suggestion? Rather than a direct debit paying off a minimum (which would leave a big amount as a final payment), how about a standing order for 1/12 of the amount each month? It would make budgeting easier for some, I imagine.
I appreciate the £33 a month will earn some interest but the rates are so low, the interest earnt will be (by my calculation) about £2 for the year.

£395 East
£375 south upper
£300 south lower
£350 west

Adults were already £395. That's what my parents paid for their season tickets this season

There are numerous ways to look at it.

Are our prices comparable to others in the division? Debatable tbh. Plenty of clubs sell for a lot less than we do and get lesser gates and are arguably more successful.

I would much rather cheaper prices a higher gate every game and for the club to improve catering and queue times to make more money in other ways.

£395 for league 1 football is a disgrace

Last edited:
There are numerous ways to look at it.

Are our prices comparable to others in the division? Debatable tbh. Plenty of clubs sell for a lot less than we do and get lesser gates and are arguably more successful.

I will old much rather cheaper prices a higher gate every game and for the club to improve catering and queue times to make more money in other ways.

£395 for league 1 football is a disgrace

This is true, many defend the club without just. Look how much others are per year, Southend has dirty rundown facilities, for what they charge.

There is also another option, you can sign up to become a student on many websites for roughly £4. You can then purchase a NUS card for roughly £14 and therefore qualify to buy a student ticket at the much lower rate.

Back