• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The deals are good if you are able to buy a senior discount concession, which I do, for £240 per season. Works out at just over a tenner per match. Getting old has some advantages! I can also get a free ticket for my son who is a regular for three matches, saving him over £60. So, for our family it is a good deal. However, if I was paying the full adult price I would not be too happy given the awful state of Roots Hall.

There is also another option, you can sign up to become a student on many websites for roughly £4. You can then purchase a NUS card for roughly £14 and therefore qualify to buy a student ticket at the much lower rate.
Do you reckon that will work - this season I paid £395 + two kids tickets £85 - now trying to pay £235 + two kids tickets £85...feels so wrong:unsure:

At the end of the day people want a good team and the bulk of the money that the Club get in is through the gate. This is, IMO, the best Southend side I've ever seen in the main down to a core of very good, experienced players probably earning decent money.

£400 is a lot of money to a lot of people, I get that. Especially if you're bringing kids, etc. But at less than £20 a game it's arguably fairly reasonable.

If you compare it to other clubs in higher divisions or other clubs in this division in other parts of the country it doesn't always look great but every club's financial position is different and as you climb up the leagues the relative importance of gate receipt money is reduced so they have the ability to charge less if they want to.

It's always a difficult one because there's not a price point that will satisfy everyone.

Buy one now for £395 and we get promoted to the Championship, doesn't seem like such a bad deal then.

I'm thinking of getting a season card for the first time in about 10 years. It gets annoying buying tickets for individual games and you don't always get the same seat, if we did go up it would be even worse plus the prices might increase aswell.

Our club does more than most on concessionary ticket prices, we charge the same price to adults for all stands meaning - as has been said many times - that we might be one of the most expensive when compared with the cheapest prices in L1, but we're much better value when compared with the most expensive.

I like the fact that, as a SCH, I get to take up the offer of a couple of free tickets during the season for family members and have priority for cup games. I also like that I can upgrade to hospitality for a reasonable price. If you don't think it's worth it, then don't do it!

Do you reckon that will work - this season I paid £395 + two kids tickets £85 - now trying to pay £235 + two kids tickets £85...feels so wrong:unsure:

Yes it would work. You would have a valid NUS student card

I see mk dons have offered all season card holders a free shirt for next seasons renewals.

£336 Is their price with a free £40 shirt. Represents better value than a flat £395

My annual how to spread the cost post

This post gets earlier every year....

Apply for 0% introductory offer credit card
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards
Receive card and pay by credit card (will cost more, but you have added protection if the club goes under)
Set up direct debit to pay minimum amount per month
Diairise date has to be paid off in full
Cut up credit card
Put £33 each month into saving account for 12 months - try and find one which pays at least some interest
Before credit card introductory offer expires, pay off remaining balance

I think I've just been talked into getting my first season card for a decade :stunned:.

I see mk dons have offered all season card holders a free shirt for next seasons renewals.

£336 Is their price with a free £40 shirt. Represents better value than a flat £395

Yeah, but you have to watch MK Dons all season long though.......

We get 3 free tickets and £25 if you are recommended etc much better savings

I know Roots Hall has seen better days and facilities are not the best but in my opinion £395 for a Season Ticket is decent value we have made good signings and I have enjoyed the football this season. And as previously mentioned if we did go up season ticket prices would look really good value

Back