• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Early Leavers

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
I have one thing to say to all those hundreds upon hundreds mucking bankers who leave early & disturb people who stay to the final whistle to support their team & applaud the lads off at the end. Whats that I hear you ask?

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Oh yes & :finger:

Do you people walk out before the the end of a film? No, so bloody do it at football, especially when disturbing other people. I don't let them past me, I ignore them & make them go elsewhere, as it annoys me! There were people leaving at least 15 minutes before the end. WHY???? You just missed one of the best feelings in football, a last minute winner where the oppo nearly got an undeserved point!

:madman:

well said
served them right
great post

On Saturday Games I do leave a few minutes before the end, that's because I have to get back early to DJ at people weddings,

but my seat is on the Isle so it's a quick run up the stairs

I have one thing to say to all those hundreds upon hundreds mucking bankers who leave early & disturb people who stay to the final whistle to support their team & applaud the lads off at the end. Whats that I hear you ask?

Do you people walk out before the the end of a film? No, so bloody do it at football, especially when disturbing other people. I don't let them past me, I ignore them & make them go elsewhere, as it annoys me! There were people leaving at least 15 minutes before the end. WHY???? You just missed one of the best feelings in football, a last minute winner where the oppo nearly got an undeserved point!

Ahh but without me leaving early we wouldnt have won !!!
The friend that came with me today is a Jonah of the highest quality. She has never seen Southend win in 14 attempts. She even Jonahs us when not at the game, she was out the night we played Chelsea at home, she walked through her front door after 40 odd minutes and switched the telly on just to see Ballack equalise !!!! and them go on to win.
Anyway she came today and thought for the first 45 minutes she was going to see her first ever win, until the penalty made it 1-1. I had vision of that W*nker Savage getting an injury time winner so as soon as the 3 minutes was help up i took the executive decision to get Jonah out of the stadium. As soon as we hit Shakespeare drive (just off SUFC property) Betsy scores !!!! So you can all thank me for leaving early today........

You should not have a go at these poor people who have to leave before the end of every match - it is most likely due to their ASBO kicking in and them having to get home before the final whistle. So please remember this when you have to let them past with five minutes to go, have a look at their leg next time for their tag !!

It's not only the early leavers it's the late arrivals that also bug me, those that think that 3pm or 745pm kick off times are negotiable.

This afternoon we had the pleasure of half a dozen standing in the aisle before deciding to plonk their arses on the seats so thoughtfully provided by the club.

Ahh but without me leaving early we wouldnt have won !!!
The friend that came with me today is a Jonah of the highest quality. She has never seen Southend win in 14 attempts. She even Jonahs us when not at the game, she was out the night we played Chelsea at home, she walked through her front door after 40 odd minutes and switched the telly on just to see Ballack equalise !!!! and them go on to win.
Anyway she came today and thought for the first 45 minutes she was going to see her first ever win, until the penalty made it 1-1. I had vision of that W*nker Savage getting an injury time winner so as soon as the 3 minutes was help up i took the executive decision to get Jonah out of the stadium. As soon as we hit Shakespeare drive (just off SUFC property) Betsy scores !!!! So you can all thank me for leaving early today........

But there are people on here that will verify that I have a lucky mug that I drank out of for the first time in a while before the Bristol Rovers game & we won then & again today! So, :p

It's not only the early leavers it's the late arrivals that also bug me, those that think that 3pm or 745pm kick off times are negotiable.

This afternoon we had the pleasure of half a dozen standing in the aisle before deciding to plonk their arses on the seats so thoughtfully provided by the club.

Do the people who arrive with 5 minutes gone and leave after 85 think that football is played 24/7 as whenever they are at Roots Hall there is a match on (except half time)

Well said mate, have some green

Got to agree with you there Harry. It is flippin annoying especially when they stand right near the front blocking your view, and holding their ticket in their hands not knowing where their seat is. Bloomin day trippers.

As to them leaving early, suits me fine. Means I can get out of the ground quicker.

Got to agree with you there Harry. It is flippin annoying especially when they stand right near the front blocking your view, and holding their ticket in their hands not knowing where their seat is. Bloomin day trippers.

As to them leaving early, suits me fine. Means I can get out of the ground quicker.

Thanks Jackie, day trippers is a good description. As I have an aisle seat it means I can usually make a prompt departure.

Just have to hope they aren't stood up infront of you when the winner goes in!!

Well said Big Shrimp!! Its the same poeple every time as well, with the amount of late goals we score lately they must have missed half the goals at the Hall this season. I miss a lot of the play though as i do sit behind the Big (head) Shrimp!!

On Saturday Games I do leave a few minutes before the end, that's because I have to get back early to DJ at people weddings,

but my seat is on the Isle so it's a quick run up the stairs

How the hell do you see the game then?

I dont leave before games because like you I watch the game until it ends but if I did want to leave before a game taht would be my choice and not yours and until you by my tickets for games then if i want to walk past you or anyone else then that also is there my choice

again football is not the theatre, they buy the ticket they can watch what ever % of the game they wish surely? surely tickets all cost the same? so how comes some people now police there own sections?

some people have the need, but i have seen 3 last minutes winners/equalisers this year, the last 5 minutes are the best 5 minutes!

Back