• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Early Leavers

I dont leave before games because like you I watch the game until it ends but if I did want to leave before a game taht would be my choice and not yours and until you by my tickets for games then if i want to walk past you or anyone else then that also is there my choice

Like you say that is your choice. If that then spoils mine or anybody elses viewing, then you are in the wrong, as you did not BUY my ticket. Not only that, you would have to find another ailse to walk up, as I won't getting up to let you past, which is MY choice!!

I have one thing to say to all those hundreds upon hundreds mucking bankers who leave early & disturb people who stay to the final whistle to support their team & applaud the lads off at the end. Whats that I hear you ask?

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Oh yes & :finger:

Do you people walk out before the the end of a film? No, so bloody do it at football, especially when disturbing other people. I don't let them past me, I ignore them & make them go elsewhere, as it annoys me! There were people leaving at least 15 minutes before the end. WHY???? You just missed one of the best feelings in football, a last minute winner where the oppo nearly got an undeserved point!

:madman:

In all honesty, if it upsets you so much why don't you front them if they block your view? And if not, why does it bother you??

Posting on a message board hours after the event is hardly going to make someone think "next time i'll stay to the end"

In all honesty, if it upsets you so much why don't you front them if they block your view? And if not, why does it bother you??

Posting on a message board hours after the event is hardly going to make someone think "next time i'll stay to the end"

I do front them & as I sit at the start of the aisle I don't let them past.

The whole point of the post was to laugh at them for missing yet another last minute goal that we have scored. As we are all aware there have been many late goals this season & its my way of going :finger: to them & laughing at them missing the priceless elation of seeing your team score a goal. That is worth the money on its own for the season!

A bit of a dig, but also a little bit of fun at their expense!

:chill:

I love when we score after the early leavers (always the same people) have left.

It may be up to them if they want to go early, but I think it's a bit selfish, especially after I've missed a goal or two over the years when people have been pushing past me.

I've always thought apart of staying till the end was to also applaud the players for their efforts out on the pitch during that game, no matter what the result, aslong as its a passhionate performance then surely they desearve everyone who they have just been entertaining to be their applauding and making some noise for them.

It's like theatre, your favourite character might not be in it anymore but you don't leave, as Hudson says they are the entertainers and even if they don't perform amazingly they deserve a round of applause at the final whistle dont they?

I can understand leaving early at Wembley or another big ground that is a pain to get out of. But I just don't understand why people leave early at Roots Hall. Even when the ground is full you can stay in your seat until the final whistle and still be in the Spread, in your car or half way to town within ten minutes so what is the rush to leave?

If people want to leave early then fair play to them but I just don't understand why they would.

I reckon, at most games, I have people blocking my view of the match 5 or 6 times or more. Fortunately I've never missed a goal but I have missed incidents, or good moves, shots, tackles etc.

I used to refuse to let them past, but it was then causing them to block others' views while they stood there, and also was obviously going to cause a real arguement one day. I now grudglingly stand up and let them by, with the occasional comment or two.

Its just complete selfishness and lack of consideration for others. I hope they continue to miss many goals and incidents as this may cause their selfishness to kick in and make them stay in case they miss out on something. I won't be holding my breath waiting for them to become considerate!

I know loads of people go and stand at the back to watch the last few minutes and suppose you can't blame them for wanting to get away quickly, however, I like to watch the match from my place, and I like to salute the players at the end of the game - something these early departurers can't possibly do. Both Betsy and Macca's reactions in particular, when they came over to the West shows you what it means to them, Barrett and Clarkey too. It's something I'd like to see Dougie do a bit more.

I too am sick of people either arriving late or going out whilst the game is in play.
Why cant the stewards be made to stop people going to their seat untill the ball is out of play... or is that too easy!!

Dare I say it but it just proves these people have no REAL passion for the club. If they did they would happily sit in traffic (I assume this is why the majority leave early) for a few extra minutes after the game.

Dare I say it but it just proves these people have no REAL passion for the club. If they did they would happily sit in traffic (I assume this is why the majority leave early) for a few extra minutes after the game.

I'm sorry thats absolute rubbish !!! Normally, i have to be at work at 5 o'clock on a saturday. If i wasnt standing up the back for the last few minutes then i wouldnt get away and would lose my job !!!!!! I think that it shows more passion in the fact that i still attend matches, i take it youre a lucky one that gets Saturday off !!!

I'm sorry thats absolute rubbish !!! Normally, i have to be at work at 5 o'clock on a saturday. If i wasnt standing up the back for the last few minutes then i wouldnt get away and would lose my job !!!!!! I think that it shows more passion in the fact that i still attend matches, i take it youre a lucky one that gets Saturday off !!!

I know you always go early, and I respect that some people do have genuine reasons, but those that just go and stand at the back obviously don't. I'm also sure they're breaking health and safety guidelines of some sort as they're blocking access ways.

I have never understood people leaving early. There used to be people in front of me last season about 4 of them and as soon as the 4th official held up the extra time board they were gone!

Its like paying to go and watch a film and with 5/10 minutes to go just leaving? Why bother even going if your not going to stay to the end?

Thats fair enough, but I don't think that the literally hundreds who left early yesterday or wonderfully the Col Ewe game have all got to be at work at 5.00.

As I said, I only having a laugh at the expense at those who missed the last minute winner! Yes I get the ache with people who disturb my viewing & have nearly come to blows over it. I hate my job & struggle to pay for my football, but its my one real vice in life & I don't want some selfish banker spoiling it!

Thats fair enough, but I don't think that the literally hundreds who left early yesterday or wonderfully the Col Ewe game have all got to be at work at 5.00.

As I said, I only having a laugh at the expense at those who missed the last minute winner! Yes I get the ache with people who disturb my viewing & have nearly come to blows over it. I hate my job & struggle to pay for my football, but its my one real vice in life & I don't want some selfish banker spoiling it!

They have a habbit of spoiling alot of things recently! ;)

I know a few people that always leave early, and they are always the ones I love to wind up when they miss the last minute goal :D
I always stay behind and clap the boys, especially Adam as he always give a thumbs up and a great smile when we win. :goodun:

Meh.

Some people arrive late, leave their seat at 3.40 arrive back at their seat at 4.10 and then leave the ground early.

Does this impact on me in anyway? absolutely not. Its a slight inconvenience letting people pass by but apart from that I couldnt care less.

They missed the goal and it was absolutely their own choice, choice being the operative word here. Worthy of a 3 page thread? No in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back