• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Early Leavers

Meh.

Some people arrive late, leave their seat at 3.40 arrive back at their seat at 4.10 and then leave the ground early.

Does this impact on me in anyway? absolutely not. Its a slight inconvenience letting people pass by but apart from that I couldnt care less.

They missed the goal and it was absolutely their own choice, choice being the operative word here. Worthy of a 3 page thread? No in my opinion.

Other than myself & Ricey, most people have only offered one opinion, so does that mean that every member of SZ can't have an opinion? 6/700 people wouldn't have to squeeze into one page?! It is obviously something that a lot of people have an opinion on. I will state again, I AM LAUGHING AT THOSE PEOPLE WHO DISTURB MY VIEW FOR MISSING THE LAST MINUTE WINNER!!

I've never left early as you guys said we've scored a few goals in the dying minutes this season an I'm sure there will be more yet. I'm fortunate i sit right at the front in the west stand no one gets in my way only the poxy thicko stewards that feel the need to get in the way, my advice just shout at people to sit down works with the stewards lol

I missed the tackle on Clarkey by savage because the kids with the coffee and tea machine were standing in the way, is that the same :unsure:

I've never left early as you guys said we've scored a few goals in the dying minutes this season an I'm sure there will be more yet. I'm fortunate i sit right at the front in the west stand no one gets in my way only the poxy thicko stewards that feel the need to get in the way, my advice just shout at people to sit down works with the stewards lol

In the old days before I became a STH, I often got seat right near the front. This was mainly for the benefit of my friend's son who is a bit on the small side. Most of the time a "scuse me mate please " would have the desired effect. This worked well until we got the deaf, thick or just plain ignorant steward. All the polite requests were ignored & after we had almost missed a goal being scored I resorted to "just F**king sit down, some of have paid to watch this!" He looked at me, so I stood up & he sat down!! I'm sure the steward was a Stockport steward!!

Ahh but without me leaving early we wouldnt have won !!!
The friend that came with me today is a Jonah of the highest quality. She has never seen Southend win in 14 attempts. She even Jonahs us when not at the game, she was out the night we played Chelsea at home, she walked through her front door after 40 odd minutes and switched the telly on just to see Ballack equalise !!!! and them go on to win.
Anyway she came today and thought for the first 45 minutes she was going to see her first ever win, until the penalty made it 1-1. I had vision of that W*nker Savage getting an injury time winner so as soon as the 3 minutes was help up i took the executive decision to get Jonah out of the stadium. As soon as we hit Shakespeare drive (just off SUFC property) Betsy scores !!!! So you can all thank me for leaving early today........

Such a selfless sacrifice we thank you

I remember at the Chelsea game when the 4th goal went in, a couple in front of me left... WHY????? Are they embarrassed that we let in 4 goals? Because he didn't look happy when he left:D

I remember at the Chelsea game when the 4th goal went in, a couple in front of me left... WHY????? Are they embarrassed that we let in 4 goals? Because he didn't look happy when he left:D

Agree completely the lads did well and deserved everyones support till the end no matter what the score was

Like you say that is your choice. If that then spoils mine or anybody elses viewing, then you are in the wrong, as you did not BUY my ticket. Not only that, you would have to find another ailse to walk up, as I won't getting up to let you past, which is MY choice!!

hold up hold up, someones in the wrong for getting up and moving???? theve brought a ticket they can do what they choose.......

far enough common courtesy and manners are your choice as its your choice to let someone by thats you choice , about getting up or sitting down your right is your choice, what would you say if a dad and his son, arrive 5 minutes late frinday night game dad gets home late, 35 mins in he wants to take his son to the loo?? firstly you dont let him in to sit down because you arrive early and there for it is your right to manage the ground in the way you see correct? and then he wants to get by you abit later asks you politely, but you stick to your guns because as you say this guy and his son 'are clearly in the wrong' what also happneds if this geezer and his son, has very little principles like you and only sees his side of things, what happens when he asks you to move, you ignore him and he sprays your nose across your face?? sometimes manners cost nothing mate live and let live

hold up hold up, someones in the wrong for getting up and moving???? theve brought a ticket they can do what they choose.......

far enough common courtesy and manners are your choice as its your choice to let someone by thats you choice , about getting up or sitting down your right is your choice, what would you say if a dad and his son, arrive 5 minutes late frinday night game dad gets home late, 35 mins in he wants to take his son to the loo?? firstly you dont let him in to sit down because you arrive early and there for it is your right to manage the ground in the way you see correct? and then he wants to get by you abit later asks you politely, but you stick to your guns because as you say this guy and his son 'are clearly in the wrong' what also happneds if this geezer and his son, has very little principles like you and only sees his side of things, what happens when he asks you to move, you ignore him and he sprays your nose across your face?? sometimes manners cost nothing mate live and let live

Maybe so, but there are aisles that are hardly occupied they could use & when they tread all over your feet & look at you as if its your fault?? I'm all for an easy life, but I don't want my afternoon or evening out spoilt by the daytrippers standing gormlessly infront of everybody whilst they pick their noses!! Live & let live, but spraying my nose all over my face (A dumb move too!) because I'm trying watch the game? Its understandable people get there late, the bloke next to me is nearly always late, but NEVER leaves early!

The crux of my mainly tongue in cheek, is about all those who leave early, NOT the late arrivals. We've all got to games late for one reason or another, myself included. I missed a first minute goal & the game ended up 1-0! Gutted!

:chill:

the worst thging is when people leave early they take an age to get out spoil the view for the rest of us

the worst thging is when people leave early they take an age to get out spoil the view for the rest of us

Maybe if people were to let them pass easily then they would not take so long.

I totally back Cockles stance, it is all down about being courteous and it is definitely a two way thing. Nowadays people seem to be too concerned about themselves and their RIGHTS and wondering why other people are selfish when they are doing the same thing.

Maybe if people were to let them pass easily then they would not take so long.

I totally back Cockles stance, it is all down about being courteous and it is definitely a two way thing. Nowadays people seem to be too concerned about themselves and their RIGHTS and wondering why other people are selfish when they are doing the same thing.

I agree with that really, but it wouldn't hurt to have the odd mumbled "excuse me" or "sorry" when your knees get bashed. It is all down to manners really.

Worst ever last night from my point of view. Late arrivals at gone 8 o'clock, people shifting a good 10 mins before half time and late back afterwards, people going to the loo 5 mins from the end of normal time (I thought they'd gone, but no, back they came) and then the usual exodus.:madman:

Worst ever last night from my point of view. Late arrivals at gone 8 o'clock, people shifting a good 10 mins before half time and late back afterwards, people going to the loo 5 mins from the end of normal time (I thought they'd gone, but no, back they came) and then the usual exodus.:madman:

I think you forgot that the ones you thought had gone and then came back also left early :p

Back