• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
For me it's probably a top three in order of Barker, Hall and Corr.

Barker has been so solid and really has lead by example. Hall totally dominates the pace of the team and Corr has been fantastic by his own and by our standards.

I'd add Easton into that mix too, Dave. Funny how Grant, who looked the stand out winner early doors, has faded away so completely.

Bilel for me. I just enjoy his enthusiasm, and love of the game. Never a dull moment when he is playing, and he plays witha smile on his face.
Not sure if he ever really knows his role in the team, but hey neither does the opposition!

Clohessy has been solid all season if unspectacular, I think Bilel would be top of most peoples lists but has he really played enough games?

For me it's probably a top three in order of Barker, Hall and Corr.

Barker has been so solid and really has lead by example. Hall totally dominates the pace of the team and Corr has been fantastic by his own and by our standards.

....amazing, the bloke that was in most peoples top 2 first half of the season is now not even starting, i give you Glen Morris. Sturrock clearly playing the wrong keeper as Evans looks decidedly shaky in most areas and can't help thinking that Morris would get down and save some of these shots that are going in across the body. Definately the better shot stopper and kicker, why is he not playing as the designated no.1 after being forced out with flu. Then again Sturrock does come up with some funny ones like why take off our best footballer Lee Sawyer to replace him with a 2011 version of Gordon Connolly in Louis Soares?

Think PS doesn't like to change a winning side. I don't think there's much between them and Evans did make a couple of good saves yesterday. Sawyer off maybe as result of his cramp in the week and maybe PS felt he was tiring.

....amazing, the bloke that was in most peoples top 2 first half of the season is now not even starting, i give you Glen Morris. Sturrock clearly playing the wrong keeper as Evans looks decidedly shaky in most areas and can't help thinking that Morris would get down and save some of these shots that are going in across the body. Definately the better shot stopper and kicker, why is he not playing as the designated no.1 after being forced out with flu. Then again Sturrock does come up with some funny ones like why take off our best footballer Lee Sawyer to replace him with a 2011 version of Gordon Connolly in Louis Soares?

Exactly what I said on Tuesday evening, he does remind me of Gordon Connelly a lot.

Agree about Morris too.

Probably too early to say. Must have missed some out, but these are my contenders as things stand!

Grant was outstanding at the start of the season on the pitch (and a favourite by the way he was so obviously showing his loyalty to the club and being one of the few survivors from last season's team) but has faded in the new year. However, he is undoubtedly a major contender - he deserves major credit just for still being here... :Worthy:

Moshni had a shaky start, but is a real character with boundless energy, enthusiasm and the unpredicatable edge we all love:hilarious: . Whether he has played enough because of his injury problems to be contributor of the season is debatable.

Hall has been outstanding, and is getting better and better - just hope the impending off the field issue doesnt derail him! :Red card:

Easton is growing on me - solid good performances all season, and getting some goals as well. Got to be a contender:clap:

Clohessey has been consistent and a solid performer all year so far. Another contender at this stage of the season:cool:

Corr is looking more and more like the elusive 20 goal a season striker - undoubtedly got to be a strong challenger:Goal:

Blair is like marmite - you love him or hate him... I personally like him a lot, and he is on my list of top performers, even despite his lack of goals, which I dont see as an issue as he is right in the mix when we do score!:thumbsup:

Sawyer - strong contender, but for me, not been here long enough (this time) yet to be player of the year.:winking:

Coughlan - strong contender for me, both for his influence on the pitch, for me the defence always looks more in control with him in the side and his behind the scenes off the pitch support to Paul Sturrock:clap:

Morris and Evans both deserve a mention - we are lucky to have two decent keepers at the club, especially at this level. Both are doing a good job but wouldnt want to pick one over the other. :unsure:

Hall - prison beckons.
Mohsni - long term injury
Corr - goals but little else.
Barker - as far as POTY goes, unspectacular.
Clohessy - good going forward but not a good full back.
Coughlan - unsung hero.
Paul Sturrock - The Man! Put him on as sub for 10 seconds and he'll get POTY.

think clohessy is miles ahead in the running at the moment, very consistant and has made the right back position his own, one of the first players i would pick and should soon get offered a new contract if i were manger.

Hall - prison beckons.
Mohsni - long term injury
Corr - goals but little else.
Barker - as far as POTY goes, unspectacular.
Clohessy - good going forward but not a good full back.
Coughlan - unsung hero.
Paul Sturrock - The Man! Put him on as sub for 10 seconds and he'll get POTY.

To be honest 20 goal-a-season men are so hard to find I don't give a monkeys what else he gives to the team!

P.S. IMHO though Corr would be a top foil for a pacy striker with an eye for goal also with his knock downs and hold-up play. Has to be a contender for PotY although my vote at this stage would be Barker.

For me its Barker he is so solid gets on with it does his job and is good on a consistant basis not spectacular he has had to do the job being part of many different center half partnerships. He is one that could defiantely play higher.
Close runner up would be Coughlan he is a solid old style center half good in the air strong in the tackle and a good leader we always look more solid with him on the pitch adds much needed experiance.
Bilel he would be my 3rd choice shame we cant play 3 center halfs as all 3 are good players. Bilel has lots of ability probably too much for a center half and his enthusiasm is infectious.
Throw Hall and Corr in the mix as well its great to have a proper winger again and also a striker who knows where the net is! All we need as someone already said is someone pacey to work off Corr.

Last edited:
Back