• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who do you want to win the L1 Playoff Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess the long and short of it is that if it was Orient Vs anyone else, anyone else would win the poll. But as it is Rotherham managed by Evans then many want Orient. For me as i originally posted, i dont care about Evans, i dont know him, i see his antics on the touchline which dont impress me. But for me its about rivalry and our two main rivals locally are Orient and Col Utd. therefore i can not want Orient to win.

Rotherham and Evans dont really mean anything to me.

Rather Orient didnt go up, a) because I dont wish them any success and b) its a good derby.

If Orient do go up, and they looked good value for it against Posh then cant see anything other than coming straight down the next year anyway.

Unlike WHU who nowadays stink more and more-think!!-if the Olympic stadium paid for mostly by our taxes,had been placed on our doorstep how would you feel? apart from geography we've no reason at all to dislike Orient.

Unlike WHU who nowadays stink more and more-think!!-if the Olympic stadium paid for mostly by our taxes,had been placed on our doorstep how would you feel? apart from geography we've no reason at all to dislike Orient.

I hope the O's go up and stay up so that they play those awful wet spammers the following season. If they are in the same league as their local rivals it may strengthen Orient's claim to having the use of the Olympic Stadium. Don't think it will benefit SUFC if the spammers take up residence there.

Poll added.

Here's the thing about Orient. I can think of only one side - Col Ewe - who I'd less rather lose to. Some of my most painful moments supporting Southend have come as the result of defeats and own goals against that lot.

However...I don't really dislike them. As a club they have a number of similarities to us. In the shadow of the bigger London sides, small core support, total spiv for a chairman; we're in the same boat to a great extent.

As for Rotherham, they are managed by that repulsive goon Steve Evans and I could never cheer on a side managed by him.

So while I won't exactly be cheering from the rooftops if Orient win next weekend, I'd much rather see them in the Championship next year, reminding West Ham that there is more than one team in that part of town, than the oaf Evans.

Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

I'll abstain too i'm afraid. Can't answer hard questions on a Friday as i'M winding down.

However, a question of my own. When are wealthy now Rotherham gonna pay me back the money I put in their bucket ? I might have a Wembley ticket to buy. :smiles:

Orient, so they can gain the lowest points ever in the Championship and get relegated by Christmas. :winking:

Orient. They've had a great season and they deserve it. I've never seen them as great rivals, so no problem with seeing them do well.

Have you never attended a Southend Orient game? plenty of rivalry for sure!

Yep, many games over many years. I just don't dislike them. They're proper lower league fans, very much like us, except that we don't have eyebrows on our cheeks and jellied eels stuck in our teeth.

Back