• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
On the internet it said the East stand was sold out

But on the day I was looking at acres of empty seats -well quite a few blue ones...

it was a bit annoying -

Maybe season ticket holders who are away on holiday?

There are only a few season card holders in east blue, they are mostly used for players comps guests etc, it's never full.

They don't sell tickets for the Blue seats - I don't really know why - perhaps they think it is too near the away fans ...
I guess some long standing season ticket holders may still have seats there like the guy on page 51 of today's programme.
Paul Smith and his family used to sit there last season.

They don't sell tickets for the Blue seats - I don't really know why - perhaps they think it is too near the away fans ...
I guess some long standing season ticket holders may still have seats there like the guy on page 51 of today's programme.

The blue seats (block a) are reserved for clubs staff, friends of players, competition winners etc.. or it was when I worked in the ticket office a few years ago.

The blue seats (block a) are reserved for clubs staff, friends of players, competition winners etc.. or it was when I worked in the ticket office a few years ago.

Must admit I noticed today how many empty seats there were in that section. Certainly more today than I have seen before. Thanks shrimperzone for explaining why :thumbsup:

Not seen that few people in the East Blue seats for a league game for years. If they are not giving away so many complimentary tickets then as others have said why not sell them?

East Blues is always comps with a few select regulars these days. It's where my very first season ticket was!

We sat in the east blues yesterday via complementary tickets. Our season card seats in our usual stand had been sold for the first league match. Loads of space in the east blues. Very roomy. Looked around the home stands at the sardines and thought I wouldn't mind sitting here all the time. Great view of all three goals too. After his goal Kightly ran over to where we sat and must have thought where have all the home fans gone! Good experience for him if we play Colchester anytime.

they do sell tickets in east stand blue seats if you ask nicely enough and get them early as I have one for the Plymouth home game so I can sit next to my mates who have season cards in that section, I used to have one to but gave it up few years ago as I don't make every home game:sad:

I was in the East Blues yesterday next to the scouts. The one right next to us was from Spurs and was there to watch Yearwood. Wasted trip for him but at least he was treated to some decent football.

My company get 4 for every home game but no one uses them I got told they weren't doing it this year so bought 3 for me and my kids in the yellow seat to then get told at work that they have been issued 4 this year!! So there's 4 seats that will now always be empty

Most of the time players go over to the black seats to see family members if they score at the South end or after the game as White did yesterday and some others

Most of the time players go over to the black seats to see family members if they score at the South end or after the game as White did yesterday and some others

Some of the families are probably in a box down that end.

well i have decided its an absolute disgrace and am demanding answers .................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but something should be done

Was chaos in the East Blues tonight, all the Academy youngsters who are used to turning up and sitting anywhere were sitting in sold seats. Tickets didn't work on the way in, loads of people still trying to find their seats after kick off!

Was chaos in the East Blues tonight, all the Academy youngsters who are used to turning up and sitting anywhere were sitting in sold seats. Tickets didn't work on the way in, loads of people still trying to find their seats after kick off!

Poor atmosphere last night not helped by the performance. But I still think they should open the West Stand and East Stand for these games. A couple of hundred in W block would have improved the atmosphere.
Probably not for the Reading Checkatrade game but certainly want the West open for the Col U game even if the crowd is only going to be about 3,500.

Some of the families are probably in a box down that end.

The section in the East Black right at the front closest to the South is almost exclusively comp seats with loads of the players WAGs and kids in there. A mate of mine had managed to get five comps from someone who knows one of the first team so that's where I was on Saturday. Robinson & McGlashan's families were just behind us, John White's were just to our right and there were a few other groups I couldn't identify but who were definitely related to some of the players.

Back