• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EAST STAND TICKETS

elmo putney

First XI
WHY DO THE CLUB KEEP TELLING US THE YELLOW AND BLUE SEATS ARE ALL SOLD OUT B4 GAMES,I CAN NEVER GET A TICKET ANYMORE AND END UP IN THE BLACKS,I KNOW FOR A FACT THOUGH THAT IT'S NEVER PACKED(APART FROM COL.U GAME) SO WHAT ARE THE CLUB PLAYING AT

Because the area being mainly for complimentary tickets ... if you want one, make friends with a player or other member or staff or wait until the game is a sell-out and they then start selling them off (which is how Mrs WS got a ticket to the Col Ewe game on her return to the UK a couple of months ago).

WS

wink.gif

Dont slag off the Blacks. Best place for atmosphere in the East as we can bout hear what the South Stand are singing and we help 'em out. We need a drum as well ...

biggrin.gif

Kev

THINK YOU WRONG THERE MATE,SAT THERE THE LAST FEW GAMES N APART FROM A COUPLE OF FELLAS GIVING IT THERE BEST ITS PRETTY DEAD,WHERE AS THE YELLOWS YOU CAN HAVE A LAUGH WITH THE AWAY FANS PLUS THE BAR THATS OPEN 2-5.

The bar below the Greens and Blacks is open from 1 'til well past six though ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 14 2004,12:08)]Dont slag off the Blacks. Best place for atmosphere in the East as we can  bout hear what the South Stand are singing and we help 'em out. We need a drum as well ...

biggrin.gif

Kev
b******s,

Greens all the way.

I might take time out from west next term and give south upper a go? Anyone got any other good suggestions on where to sit? Must be somewhere with good vocal support though!
wink.gif

That's the biggest attraction of the West Stand - you're as far away from MF as you can be in the ground!
wink.gif

Anyway, the East Stand are too busy puttng their hands over heir faces to stop the sun getting in their eyes to bother singing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 14 2004,22:13)]Anyway, the East Stand are too busy puttng their hands over heir faces to stop the sun getting in their eyes to bother singing.
Dont sit near the front then!!

Kev

wink.gif

Hey hey hey hey hey leave the East stand alone. We have undoubtedly the best view of the game. I've sat in the South: Lower - I cannot see how people stay sitting there, can barely see any of the lines on the pitch, Upper - Difficult to judge how far the ball is from the North goal, West: All of those poles, please give me a free view from the East Greens.

Nice and close to the half-way line, a fair bit of singing which travels from the South Upper, and an all-round decent place to sit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 14 2004,17:26)]The bar below the Greens and Blacks is open from 1 'til well past six though ...

WS
Its not open past 6 these days. The ever friendly bar manager switches the big screen off at 5.55 and as good as tells whoevers left to do one ! Time to go to the Spread for some proper ale anyway !

tounge.gif

Sorry but you cant beat the East Yellows for the view and the famous groundsman arms down below where you can drink merrilly during the game whiel occasionally glancing at the TV to see how the blues are doing.

Plus the blond barmaid is well worth a bust.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 14 2004,23:57)]Hey hey hey hey hey leave the East stand alone.  We have undoubtedly the best view of the game.  
Rubbish. The best view is the seat people like best, whatever pat of the ground it is.

The South Lower is where my kid first sat for games and he loved it there. If you sit about half a dozen rows back you're totally undercover and do get a sense of perspective of the pitch. You can also hear exactly what both teanms are shouting to themselves and each other at free-kicks, corners, etc.

That's also a place where some of the most dedicated Souhend supporters sit, go home and away and have done for years. They are as happy as a pig in a Col Ewe ground to be there.

Whatever rocks your boat is what I say. There's plusses and minuses wherever in the ground you sit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BENFLEET BLUE! @ April 14 2004,22:16)]Never hear them sing! Very boring bunch of people:;): .
I used to sit in the East stand and I can assure you that there were at least three singers back in the day. In fact, I remember one day when, during a particularly boring game under Webby, one guy started and finished a song all on his own earning the biggest cheer of the afternoon!

As for being boring, maybe they've all got really bad singing voices!
biggrin.gif

East Greens is the best view by far - and is easy to depart after clapping the boys off the pitch, due to the bridge/tunnel combo out of the ground....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 15 2004,14:41)]East Greens is the best view by far
East Greens contains MF so by definition has the worst view in the ground for everyone else in that section.

Back