• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings East Thurrock United v Under 23s Sat 17th July

Mitchell Nelson played then?
I thought he did okay whenever I saw him play, hopefully he will be given development opportunities without heaps of stress.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't feel any less interested in anything Southend United related these days.

I actually miss the Covid thread more than anything, at least it was interesting.

Give it a rest. If you've had enough then you've made your point sveral times on sveral threads so just keep quiet on here now and go off and do something you find more fulfilling rather than sharing your complete lack of interest, please. Thank you.

Won’t pretend I knew who was who but….

1st half I thought our 7 & 9 were linking up very well with no9 making some decent runs off the ball between defenders.

No 4 at the back was pretty solid as was the 10 in the middle who had a nice touch.

No 15 on the right wing in the second half probably needs to cut out some of the fancy footwork and concentrate more on the basics.

Lad playing up top at the end (11 maybe) needs to time his runs and avoid the simple offsides.

overall a reasonable 1-0 win, nice sunny day, good burger and good to be back at a game.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't feel any less interested in anything Southend United related these days.

I actually miss the Covid thread more than anything, at least it was interesting.
If you drive up the A12 you’ll find some
miserable (6-fingered) Essex folk. You’ll fit in there.

Thanks for the abuse everyone.

I thought this was a site where people can express there views.

Take a look at yourselves, rather than judge.

Thanks for the abuse everyone.

I thought this was a site where people can express there views.

Take a look at yourselves, rather than judge.
People can - and are - expressing their views. They don't agree with yours in the same way that you may not agree with theirs.

We've all had a completely **** 2-3 seasons mate. We've all seen the same team that you have. You don't have the monopoly on misery supporting SUFC.

Won’t pretend I knew who was who but….

1st half I thought our 7 & 9 were linking up very well with no9 making some decent runs off the ball between defenders.

No 4 at the back was pretty solid as was the 10 in the middle who had a nice touch.

No 15 on the right wing in the second half probably needs to cut out some of the fancy footwork and concentrate more on the basics.

Lad playing up top at the end (11 maybe) needs to time his runs and avoid the simple offsides.

overall a reasonable 1-0 win, nice sunny day, good burger and good to be back at a game.
7 was Tayo Adedoja (a second-year scholar this season) and 9 was Tendi Quamina (a third-year).

4 was O’Shane Stewart, a midfielder who made the first team bench a couple of times last season.

15 was Cameron Brown, a third-year midfielder and the lad who come on up front at the end (wearing 12) was Joe Shenouda, a first-year.

Was he managing us?

And if not, who was managing us?

Lead professional development phase coach Danny Heath (straight from the U18s match against Woodford Town) and Mark Moss, the lead youth development phase coach, were in joint-charge. Craig Fagan, Ricky Duncan and Anton Robinson were also in attendance (Duncan and Robinson also watched the U18s in the morning).

Attempting to get this thread back on topic. What positions did these play?

Also saw there was a trialist who came on the bench, any idea who?

In a 4-3-3, right to left: Grossart - Chandler, Mitchell-Nelson, Davis, Sayers - Benton, Stewart, Coker - Adedoja, Quamina, Unwin.

The trialist was a youngster who has been in with the U23s, rather than those mentioned who have been in with the first team in recent days.

In a 4-3-3, right to left: Grossart - Chandler, Mitchell-Nelson, Davis, Sayers - Benton, Stewart, Coker - Adedoja, Quamina, Unwin.

The trialist was a youngster who has been in with the U23s, rather than those mentioned who have been in with the first team in recent days.
I assume Unwin was numblio tenfolds. He remondiled me of Sigh moan cocksure.

Davis as left centre-half rather than MMN?

Back