• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Razam

Coach
This has probably been discussed upteen times before so apologies in advance. :blush:

I'm hoping to bring my bro-in-law (spurs supporter) to the Morcambe game to try and convert him. But wanted to make sure I got seats with the best view of the game (halfway line??) and atmosphere. So I thought either Red Block in East, or U/T block in West.... but which would be better.

Any thoughts?

The best view would no doubt be the south upper. Atmosphere then down the front in the W block of the west

East would have the slightly better view as it has less poles. But if you want a half decent view and the atmosphere, then West is most certainly the place for you. He'll enjoy the Southend version of "when the saints go marching in" as well!....

Last edited:
At £5.00 a ticket buy tickets to two stands and swop at ht if you don't like where you are :smile::smile:

My old Dad who's 89 has stopped going because every time theres any goal mouth action people spring to their feet in the West and he ends up peering at the person in fronts back side and by the time he has got to his feet ...everybody else is sitting down! Does the East stand have the same problem or are the seats a bit steeper so its easier to see over the top?

This has probably been discussed upteen times before so apologies in advance. :blush:

I'm hoping to bring my bro-in-law (spurs supporter) to the Morcambe game to try and convert him. But wanted to make sure I got seats with the best view of the game (halfway line??) and atmosphere. So I thought either Red Block in East, or U/T block in West.... but which would be better.

Any thoughts?

East Reds for the view every time.:thumbsup:

My old Dad who's 89 has stopped going because every time theres any goal mouth action people spring to their feet in the West and he ends up peering at the person in fronts back side and by the time he has got to his feet ...everybody else is sitting down! Does the East stand have the same problem or are the seats a bit steeper so its easier to see over the top?

up until Friday it would have been easy enough to have found a seat in the West with no one sitting infrnt of you for 3 rows ! This was not true on friday and will not be true going forward hopefully. I would guess that as a generalisation people sit more in the East , but to be honest I am in the West looking at the pitch , not the other stands .

Must admit it would be a shame for him not to come if that is the main reason . Why not go and have a walk around and find him an empty seat to move to that has no one in front/ or simialar minded people

Any thoughts?
easy question to answer- whats your priority
view =East
'football' atmosphere West W

When we score against the North Bank the view from W is great, When we attack the South we live on the atmosphere

Razam asked: I'm hoping to bring my bro-in-law (spurs supporter) to the Morcambe game to try and convert him. But wanted to make sure I got seats with the best view of the game (halfway line??) and atmosphere. So I thought either Red Block in East, or U/T block in West.... but which would be better.

Any thoughts?

there's only one way to find out!!! :winking:

I sit in the West level with the halfway line. There are three poles and a ladder to peer round, and while it's ok when you get used to it, probably not the best view for someone you're wanting to impress!

I've just this season become an East Stand convert, having sat in the West Stand ever since we went all-seater, and the view is far superior in the East. The West has so many poles and ladders to peer around, while the East is much steeper, so you are closer to the pitch and you generally get an unobstructed view. Atmosphere-wise the West has the upper hand, but there was some good singing in the East Stand against Shrewsbury - long may that continue!

West W block for the atmosphere. South for the view. North Bank for a ruck. East Stand to hear stories of World War 2 and how 'it didn't used to be like that in my day'. :cricko:

Seriously though I sit in V block but venture into the block of W to have a sing song, but I'd say V block is a mixture of the atmosphere and an okay view. But if you are going for the view then East Stand half way line, or South upper.

You have to get in the mix though to fully appreciate the atmosphere which is what MAKES the game for me! But depends what you are going for!

Back