• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mrs P

First XI
This is a bit of a rant.. Aimed not at our fabulous team after an heroic display but at some of our fans..

I have a season card in East Yellow row O and 6 weeks into the season am constantly diappointed to hear some of our fans shouting out at Tilson during games - a guy 2 rows in front of me tonight was doing it - 'subs NOW Tilson' 'sort it out Tilson' blah blah!! It really f%&ks me off that a manager and coach can achieve what they have for us and still some no all f%&king fans have to trap off!!

And whilst being 3-1 down (against a very good Norwich side!) groaning and shouting at our players 'rubbish' and your f%&king useless etc.. I cant believe my ears - barely into September and its happening already!!

I have supported this club for more than half my lifetime and cant remember a time when things were more promising - on and OFF the pitch!! I have such belief in our management that even when players take time to settle in and dont look great at first I give the benefit of the doubt. It doesnt help anyone shouting out negative stuff at games.

And before you all come back with - freedom of speech, entitled to opinions etc let me say - you're right but I'd ask these people to remember that we are facing sides who until Tilly took over we would have only dreamt of playing again.

Have a little faith you doubters and let Tilly and Brushy do their jobs........... Didnt let us down tonight did they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a guy 2 rows in front of me tonight was doing it - 'subs NOW Tilson' 'sort it out Tilson' blah blah!! It really f%&ks me off that a manager and coach can achieve what they have for us and still some no all f%&king fans have to trap off!!

if it makes you feel any better he says that every game. if we're winning he wants changes to rest players and if we're not- well you get tonights reaction!!!! was thinking about starting a sweep to guess the time he starts!!!!!

The West Stand Block V moaners started up last night when we were losing.

Don't know about anyone else but when we're not playing well I ENCOURAGE the players more, I was shouting "keep going Southend" and "don't give up" and the like while these idiots started f%&kING BOOING! I mean come on, how spolit are some football fans? Norwich are an ex-Premiersh!te team and on the ball at times looked class whilst we're trying to find our feet at this level and I've seen enough proof on the pitch that if we can cut out silly mistakes we'll be all right.

The team needs our SUPPORT this season, like the last 25 mins last night, the atmosphere was superb and I think along with the substitutions played a major factor in our comeback.

Thanks.

Agree entirely. We went 1-0 up, against a team who was looking like one of the best I've seen in a long while, and the atmosphere was muted to say the least. At 2-1 down there were a lot of mistakes made because we were under pressure from a very good team and you make mistakes under pressure. The crowd pointing out that someone had made a bad pass hardly helps.

As good as the crowd was at 3-2 down, the crowd was equally as bad at 2-1 down. Hopefully the fans will learn that the team plays better when we get behind it.

and most of these people booing is because they have never been involved playing football to understand.

a lot of them also probably haven't supported southend through the thick and instead settled for being a teletext fan.

it really really winds me up as well, fortunately it is more the minority and the people that post on this board i get the impression are as a generalisation not the type to get on players' backs.

a simple comment last night to the doubters and shouters would have been, "what f%&king more do you want?" at the full time whistle.

Back