• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former alleged Southend transfer-target Jermaine Easter, a ready-made Freddy replacement according to some on here has signed for Plymouth on loan with a view to a permanent transfer in January.

Details here

Interestingly, isn't Plymouth where Rory Fallon went to last year? If Easter's a success down there, I'm guessing with either short-term loan Frazier Campbell or Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, could that maybe open up Fallon's exit from Home Park in the new year? Maybe a possible one to keep an eye on from a SOUTHEND UNITED perspective? Fallon & Clarke (with McDonald or Hooper as backup) would be a great strikeforce and likely to gain 35 goals as a full-season partnership at L1 level.

DISCLAIMER - Hopefully my wording of this thread has alleviated the need to shift it to All-Leagues!!! :p

Former alleged Southend transfer-target Jermaine Easter, a ready-made Freddy replacement according to some on here has signed for Plymouth on loan with a view to a permanent transfer in January.

Details here

Interestingly, isn't Plymouth where Rory Fallon went to last year? If Easter's a success down there, I'm guessing with either short-term loan Frazier Campbell or Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, could that maybe open up Fallon's exit from Home Park in the new year? Maybe a possible one to keep an eye on from a SOUTHEND UNITED perspective? Fallon & Clarke (with McDonald or Hooper as backup) would be a great strikeforce and likely to gain 35 goals as a full-season partnership at L1 level.

DISCLAIMER - Hopefully my wording of this thread has alleviated the need to shift it to All-Leagues!!! :p

I thought Frazier Campbell had gone to Hull on loan. I agree about Fallon though I am sure he and Clarke would be a great partnership.

Not sure on Fallon he went through a short spell of goals at Swansea and that was about it.Saying that he is surely better than Hooper/Harrold/Mac.

Shame about Easter. Really thought we stood a chance. Really wanted him to come as well. He'd be a great foil for Clarke as well.

Fallon is nothing more than a glorified Drew Broughton.

i agree - many southend fans seem to have this image that hes a great player - yes, he did score two goals against us(one very good goal) but i dont think he good enough actually(yes of course against the like of harrold he is, but i think we should be aiming higher anyway)

Fallon is a very talented player, good touch, built like an ox and a great finisher when he gets into the right positions (as those who went to Swansea on promotion day can testify). He's not prolific though because he's a targetman and he's the sort of player who would be an easy target for our fans.

He'd really help Leon Clarke out though because everything would get played up to and through Fallon leaving Leon to concentrate on scoring the goals.

Back