• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood joins Canvey on loan

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Great move for the lad. Hopefully he’ll be playing in the first team in the not too distant future.

Confirmed on Canvey Island's OS

There will be a new signing in the Canvey Island squad in the shape of young forward Freddy Eastwood who arrives on a month's work experience from Southend United. Eastwood has been a regular goalscorer for Southend's U18's side having coming through the Shrimpers' youth setup, the club where his namesake and father became a club legend.

Link

Good move for him to experience some men’s football. I’ve seen him play a couple of times and he’s certainly lively but it’s a career I’ll always want to follow for obvious reasons. Interested to see how things pan out for him because he’s so similar to his dad in everything but he plays a different position

I bet Benno feels old too ??

Great to get Fred out on loan, going to pop down to watch the game tomorrow.

Going to Wakering tomorrow my local club, hope young Freddie gets some game time( on the losing side) we have Jon Benton. I would encourage anyone with spare time to watch local football, Ryman League standard is good, I’ve enjoyed It more than what I’ve seen at Southend this and last year( except Sunderland). Wakering had Matt Rush and Harry Seaden last year, Harry was excellent, Matt still on a learning curve but look at him now. Wish young Freddie well.

I am also going to the Great Wakering v Canvey local derby. Hope they get a decent attendance. Will be good to see Blues youngsters in action. The local non league scene is well worth a look if you are not going to a Shrimpers game.

Fantastic news! How old is he now? 17, 18?

So important to have good ties with clubs of Canvey's level for things like this. You don't want them to just be shipped out to a club for the sake of needed to do 'work experience'. I'm sure he'll get a lot of time and guidance from MB.

Oh for Freddie Sr, Bentley, Gower, Flavs, Barrett and Maher now. Great place for the young lad to be and I’m going to try and get to a game .. I like Canvey, decent little club.

Great move for young Freddy, Benno will be a good mentor for him, even if only for one month.

Oh for Freddie Sr, Bentley, Gower, Flavs, Barrett and Maher now. Great place for the young lad to be and I’m going to try and get to a game .. I like Canvey, decent little club.

We used to have Gower’s son Jimi in our youth set up but he got poached by Arsenal. He’s a couple of years younger than Freddy JR and looks quite a skillful little player.

I dream of the day young Freddy stars for us and us Southend fans get to sing:

"Two Freddy Eastwoods! There's only two Freddy Eastwoods!"

:Highfive:

A little surprised he went straight in to the team at first. But after looking at Canvey's twitter they only named 3 subs, one of them MB.

Two committed teams that played out an entertaining draw. Some tasty tackles!! Freddy jnr played the full 90 minutes. Will be good experience for him.

Last edited:
Sammy Shrimper posted a good description of the game, young Freddie had some nice touches. Jon Benton wasn’t in Wakering squad. Good to see some blues friends who would have been at Burton today. Mark Bentley was a Canvey sub who as OBL says will be a great mentor for Freddie

Back