• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood & Kightly up front?......

shrimperian

Coach
I have heard a disturbing but reliable rumour that Eastwood will be talking to a number of clubs this week, with Wolves being the favourites to sign him in a deal between £1m and £1.5m! I would be dissapointed with this on a number of counts but I suppose we have to be realistic int hat the lad is ambitious and is now only a league 1 player!

I hope that this rumour has no substance but it did come from inside the club!

Well the fact we have put in four cash bids for players this week certainly points to him being off.

I won't be happy if he leaves for that kind of figure.
Should have cashed in last summer maybe!

We knew this would happen and it was the gamble of holding onto him. We could gamble again, reject all bids and let him go for nothing next season...

I think we'll have to bite this time. Last year we gambled that he would be the player to keep us up, thereby making up for the decrease in value (coming to the end of his contract) and probably raising it due us still being in the Championship. This didn't happen because we simply weren't good enough going forward, with the result that we cannot afford to allow him to go for free next season.

Its all bollocks Freddy is going no where!

It's no surprise that the value is going to be lower now.

Last year, Freddy had two years on his contract and was scoring (exceptional) goals for fun in a team pushing for promotion and then hoping to establish itself in the Championship. While selling him was always an option, we had enough about us to keep him interested, and enough reasons to turn down any bids.

While he has additional experience now, he hardly set the Championship alight. This year, he is playing in a lower division, many clubs will feel that he did not prove himself sufficiently in the Championship, he has just one year on his contract and it would seem the player himself is keen to move on.

If he is to go, I'd still like to see us close for £2m+ though.

Take the money now before they withdraw offer, although it can probably go the same way as the Ray parlour and teddy sheringham rumors.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if he went to Wolves. I don't usually pay much attention to the "my mate knows Tilly" and the "Freddys wife does my missus' nails" posts, but it seems they all point to Freddy staying reasonably local. (now i'm gonna be one of those people).
My mate Robbo is Danny Greaves' nephew and works for him at essex cricket ground, last summer he phoned me insisting Freddy was going to Derby on the last day of the transfer window. When I called him the next day to take the mick, he said it would have been a done deal but freddy didn't want to go.

agree, he aint going nowhere plus r.martin wont sell him for less than 2m. if varney can go for 2m then eastwood can.

IMO if Varney sold for £2 Million Freddy is worth at least £3 Million.

Not 100% sure but that could of affected the price massively but still I don't care if Eastwood only has a year left he shouldn't go for no less than £3 Million. But preferedly he doesn't go at all!

Sadly and although its pains me to say it. but I think he has to move on for his good and the clubs. We have had good value out of him and I think he needs a new challenge to get his appetite for the game back which at the moment is lacking.l

He can surely do better than Wolves!

Problem is there are too many good clubs in that league, such as Charlton, Sheffield United/Wednesday, Watford, West Brom, Southampton, Stoke, Cardiff. All will be pushing for promotion next season I can't see Wolves reaching the play off's again.

Problem is there are too many good clubs in that league, such as Charlton, Sheffield United/Wednesday, Watford, West Brom, Southampton, Stoke, Cardiff. All will be pushing for promotion next season I can't see Wolves reaching the play off's again.

Realistically no prem club will want him, so its got to be one of those bigger championship sides.

I know it's an old piece of reasoning, but I really can't see Fred moving that far north unless it's to a Prem club. I know people will say "if he's really ambitious, he'll go anywhere if it's a bigger club", but I really do think he has far too many familial roots down here and I doubt, given the characteristics of the Romany clan, that he'd leave this area. If he's going to go this summer I can really only see it being to Charlton or Watford as I don't think he's done nearly enough over the last season to merit a move to the Prem. But I wouldn't let him go for any less than 2mil, possibly 2.5, if RM lets him go at all - which I doubt. It's not just about how much money his individual talents merit. It's also about how much he is worth TO US as a club and we need to take into account how much his sale might leave us up sh*t creek and how much a worthy replacement might cost. Even if his achievements last season only merit 1.5m, then you need to add another mil to that to represent what he's worth to us. This is why I think it's unrealistic that he'd go for as little as 1.5m, even if that is all he, as a player only and not an asset, is worth.

Last edited:
Back