• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EASTWOOD

Wallace

Youth Team
Lets be honest! SUFC player next year or a Premier$hite player?? Me thinks SUFC til mid season then goals permitting a bench warmer at a club like Charlton for eg???

If the price is right he can get splinters off of any bench he likes. Although I'd love to see him stay with us.

I think if we go up, he will be here. Big fish, small pond etc!

Southend through and through

Would take a big bid to prise him away, who would want to gamble on an unknown quantity?

And who would we buy to replace him?

I think he'll do well if we go up - he's coped admirably with the step up to this level and he has the skill to move up.
Don't think he will get any interest from Prem sides until he's proven in the championship, and he said he's only go to a big London side. Therefore I think he's staying for the time being.

If we somehow don't go up, he'll be off in the summer.

If we do go up and start well (as we did the last time we were in that league) the he'll stay until at least the end of next season. If we struggle, he'll go in January.

Talking to a close friend of his family yesterday who said:
- Freddy doesn't want to leave Southend at the moment he loves it here
- Freddy thinks the sun shines out of Tilly's ar$ehole
- Freddy thinks a season in the Championship will allow him to prove himself
- Freddy wants to play football and wants to be at a club where he can expect to be picked.
- Freddy is very close to his family and has a young family of his own.

Put all that together and you'll figure out that there aren't too many offers that he would be willing to accept regardless of what the club might be willing to sell im for.

The obvious candidates are:
- West Ham (but we don't know what he thinks of the club that discarded him once already)
- Charlton (would he be a first team regular though)
- Reading.
- Ipswich/Norwich/Palace/QPR (only if the club looked like it was going somewhere and the personal terms were very good).

I Don't think Freddy would be a regular 1st teamer at Reading...

Lita, Kitson and Doyle would all be picked ahead of him IMO, thats without who Coppell buys in the summer.

Charlton would be my best bet, but they won't want to gamble on a player Unproven in the Championship... I think we've got him for another Season at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ April 09 2006,08:19)]I Don't think Freddy would be a regular 1st teamer at Reading...

Lita, Kitson and Doyle would all be picked ahead of him IMO, thats without who Coppell buys in the summer.

Charlton would be my best bet, but they won't want to gamble on a player Unproven in the Championship... I think we've got him for another Season at least.
Totally agree.
With the step up in defesive class from L1 to The Championship it will be interesting to see how he copes with players that are more adept at nullifieing his qualities in front of goal. He'll need to prove himself at that level before any Prem club comes knocking on our door and that will take a season at least. I'm 100% certain he wouldn't go to another Championship side no matter what was on the table as far as personal terms are concerned

the bloke is a legend.. fact! he will always b e a legend.. fact!
And he will be more of a legend taking us to the heights of the championship FACT!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Blue @ April 09 2006,08:08)]Talking to a close friend of his family yesterday who said:
- Freddy thinks the sun shines out of Tilly's ar$ehole
Hang on. Are you telling me that it doesn't?

Back