• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lawrenceaustin

Schoolboy
According to CP last night Freddy seemed a mere shadow of his former glory, i kind of feel we're at a loss with what to do with him... he's obviously going to be on a bigger wage than most of playing staff yet is not even getting sub appearances with Luggy rather bringing on Lavery in front of him... where does his future lie? what are your thoughts Fred?

Did anyone go last night? I appreciate Waltham Abbey isn't the most glamorous of ties but he should be cutting through teams like this with ease

When Freddy returned i was very excited to see him back at Roots Hall yet i can't help feeling slightly deflated by his arrival - does anybody else feel the same?

Yes, he's ruined his former star status with us IMHO. I can't see him ever playing a role for us again. All those who say that he'll "come good" - when exactly? He's barely kicked a ball in anger all season and I doubt he ever will.

Not a Sturrock signing by all accounts.

He was never going to hit the heights of when he was first here. Also, he has been injured for a while and not sure how match fit he is. Still think that his wages could have been used elsewhere.

Send him out on loan. Pointless him being here if not in managers plans

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like a big mistake by the Chairman to bring him in.

This is the problem when those upstairs get involved in transfer dealings, other than completing deals.

He obviously wasn't on the want list for Luggy. And now he has a player who is not up to scratch at the moment and a decent chunk of his wage budget blown.

We all hoped he would be the player he once was. And perhaps he will do in time. But, it is not looking very good at the moment. And perhaps a gamble that has backfired somewhat.

I think it's a bit harsh blaming the chairman, I think 90% of the fans at the time wanted him back and i remember everyone going crazy when we signed him. It's just unfortunate that he hasn't lived up to expectations.

He is still a quality player , but not in a system such as ours where we press from the front , with our forwards running their nads off chasing down defenders + holding the ball up .

If Freddy could join a team with a big lump up front to take the buffering , and ghost around picking up pieces + slamming shoots in from a deeper position , i reckon he would love it + regain his passion for the game.

I wish him well , but we do need to move him on for everyones benefit. We have 8 strikers at the club. For a team that often only plays 1 striker its plain crazy. As much as i rate Benyon & Harris too , think for the sake of their careers they need to be playing matches , not sitting in the stands not even getting on the bench.

Unfortunately it is looking more and more like a big mistake by the Chairman to bring him in.

This is the problem when those upstairs get involved in transfer dealings, other than completing deals.

He obviously wasn't on the want list for Luggy. And now he has a player who is not up to scratch at the moment and a decent chunk of his wage budget blown.

We all hoped he would be the player he once was. And perhaps he will do in time. But, it is not looking very good at the moment. And perhaps a gamble that has backfired somewhat.

Actually dont think it was, he did what the majority of fans clamoured for.

We knew it was a risk and we knew he wasnt the same player but if you went back to the day he signed most of us wanted that chance taken.

It hasnt worked out and is unlikely to do so now, but I personally still think it was worth taking the chance.

Big disappointment. Him Harris and Benyon embarrassed themselves last night nad have done nothing to justfiy the high wages they are no doubt on. All 3 expensive mistakes, couldve bought 3 non league strikers who probably wouldve producd more in terms of goals and being able to stay fit.

As much as i rate Benyon & Harris too , think for the sake of their careers they need to be playing matches , not sitting in the stands not even getting on the bench.

For the sake of Benyon's career, it would be better if he doesn't play matches.

Based on technical ability Eastwood is the best in the squad alongside a couple.

Based on drive, passion Etc he is bottom

When he was young he was desperate for success and to play at a higher level, now he has just accepted this will never happen an he is happy to sit on the bench and take his pay check.

**REMOVED - Generalising on any race is ridiculous at best***

I've said before that this site seems to encourage racism by tolerating it.

Please prove me wrong.

Lenny you are as moronic as ..... Lenny

Is that a tongue in cheek remark? I was concerned when we signed him that he wouldn't live up to peoples expectations but he has been worse than I thought. Such a shame to see a Southend legend this way.

If as we suspect Fred has an attitude problem then surely it's the managers job to sort that out and not just ignore it!

I've said before that this site seems to encourage racism by tolerating it.

Please prove me wrong.

Lenny you are as moronic as ..... Lenny

Shrimperzone certainly does not tolerate racism.

If you want to highlight any racist posts on this board I will remove them immediately. We cant see every thing so if there is something missed we will delete when reported.

To suggest we tolerate racism here is as daft as the comment made by Lenny.

He needs a run of games to get back to match fitness....something we've been waiting for since he arrived.

He's not getting games here (and rightly so), so send him out on loan where he'll play week in and week out to see if he does still have it. If he starts banging them in, bring him back, if not...it's time for him to go.

Thank you jam man

Unfortunately if you read through previous threads regarding travellers you will see many examples of tolerance.

One thing is for sure. Jam mam does not tolerate racism.

I'm really not racist nor trying to be a racist.. I just raised a point and I'm sure I'm not the only one whose thought it..

Back