• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock don't insult Freddie again putting him on in the 90 th minute if you don't like him . Clearly you love Assombalonga who scores regularly of course !

I knew the Sturrock love from the Orient win would go eventually, but even so it didn't last long :thumbdown:

Sturrock sees Eastwood train every week, I'm guessing you only see him in his cameos on the pitch, I trust Sturrock knows who is the better choice, in any case Corr only came on with 3 minutes left, yet clearly Sturrock likes him so I doubt PS is deliberately choosing to play Eastwood late on just to spite him, I expect Sturrock didn't want to disrupt the team too much whilst we were ahead.

I would be interested to know if any of the post match reporters have actually asked PS outright why he gives Freddy so little match time? I don't mean that as a dig at PS, but I genuinely would appreciate knowing the reason.

I've said many times on threads that when he does get on he looks imo so much more creative, certainly would have liked to have seen him get on 2nd half today together with BBC & Bilel - now that's a front line!
East stand were shouting for Freddy & BBC to come on earlier but to no avail :sad:

if Sturrock was capable of managing a football club and managing players he would have got at least half a stone off Eastwood

Previously I have understood why Eastwood hasn't been playing, as Brit and Tomlin, then Corr, have all justified their inclusion ahead of him; however Eastwood did more today in 3 minutes than Brit did in 87!!!

Ok, Brit did have that shot in the first half, but that was it, so I now feel it's time to drop Brit and start Eastwood (or even Harris) at the end of the day it won't be any worse, as we are playing a striker that isn't scoring or creating chances and doesn't even seem to be up for a battle

Personally I think he needs a run of games. He is a game changer and winner. There is no way someone loses class therefore he is still holding the ability.

I've heard from people close to ps that he sees him as the best technically in the squad, but he is to lazy for his liking!

Would you give game time to a player who isn't committed to training and unprofessional off the pitch ? Just asking and also would you play someone ahead off 2 leading goalscorers that's Stuurocks dilemma ! Moshni was a class apart from any player on the pitch today as he had the ability to lift his head and play people in to feet

The argument that FE does not do enough in training is wearing thin. We regularly have players not doing enough during matches and to me that is a greater crime. If its not working then change it. PS perseveres far too long with inconsistent characters that need to be dropped to give them the necessary kick to the proverbial backside.

You can keep Wembley and all the tosh about it being a reward for the fans. The players have by and large undeservedly scraped their way into the final and not because they so wanted to do it for the fans. Get real. The league is where we need results and they are so far from acceptable. The season started well, very well. Flowing and promising. We may have had injuries and suspensions that have held us back but far too many players have failed individually time and again.

As I have said before, lets get back to the drawing board and make the necessary changes to the tactics and use of the squad personnel. PS learned the lesson too late last season that change can be for the better and if he does not act soon we are destined to another season of failure. Even if we win the final at Wembley, without promotion it is a failure.

If I were RM I would give PS two more games to show he has what it takes to get the players looking like a coherent team for the majority of every ninety minutes and to make changes when required. If he cannot then I would tell him to pack his kilt and head for somewhere over the hill and far away. Many on here are constantly saying how good PS is. I believe he can be good but up to now he has not been good enough.

I wanted him gone last season but even I conceded that at the beginning of this year he seemed to adapt better but for whatever reason that has now dissipated and we are left with a near shambles of a season again. Its time for two people to stand up to the plate and either PS sorts it or RM removes him.

Please lets see Freddy start so we can see how good or bad he is. Its getting beyond a joke now that we even play Moshni up front in place of Freddy. Surely Freddy should have been loaned to somewhere like Canvey or Concord just to get match fit again.

Fred is a player who can get by in training but knows how to turn it on on the pitch, time he was given a much better run that 5 minutes here or there.

Don't you just think that we put our expectations too high as fans?

Wasn't there today, but come on! If we was as amazing as some of you say, then we'd be winning every game! Get a grip! We're in this league for a reason... Stop expecting so much, stop slagging off the team and Sturrock and back them!

Jesus Christ.

Don't you just think that we put our expectations too high as fans?

Wasn't there today, but come on! If we was as amazing as some of you say, then we'd be winning every game! Get a grip! We're in this league for a reason... Stop expecting so much, stop slagging off the team and Sturrock and back them!

Jesus Christ.

Well of course, my bad. We should accept watching players put in poor performances when we know that they are capable of better. God forbid I should criticise a manager that sticks to his guns despite them being consistently filled with blanks.

Expectation too high? No. I would merely like to see the team put in the shift they are paid for and have more good performances than bad ones. I dont expect total consistency but I do not accept the regular poor performances from both individuals and team alike.

Well perhaps you should ask our chairman if the lads have been paid for February?...

Well perhaps you should ask our chairman if the lads have been paid for February?...

What has that got to do with Eastwood not getting a game?

More tittle tattle? If you have facts, just state them rather than leading information?

fans around me in the south upper was saying .What an insult to Harris and Eastwood playing Moshni ahead of them up top. While Moshni played a blinder I have to agree that midfield or defence would have more correct with either . eastwood corr or Harris leading the line .

Back