• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Taken from This Is Essex Website..

SOUTHEND United striker Freddy Eastwood has again expressed his desire to stay with the Shrimpers - but admits his future is in the hands of the Roots Hall hierachy.

The 21-year-old forward starred for the Seasiders last season, banging home 24 goals to fire Steve Tilson's side to promotion via the play-offs.

But his fine displays have attracted interest from a number of big clubs, with Brighton and Hove Albion the latest to be linked with the youngster.

"I'm very happy at Southend, it's my local side and it's only just down the road from where I live," said the Basildon-based goal-getter.

"I love it here and would be very happy to stay but it might not be down to me.

"If a team came in with a big offer that the club couldn't refuse then I would have to go.

"That's football at the end of the day but I'm pretty sure I will be still be at Southend next year."

ThisIsEssex

Yea, thats nothing but a fact of life he is stating. If Brighton come in with the full £250,000 I wonder if Ron/the club would crack and take it...

Its not up to Freddy wether he stays or goes - as long as he does want to stay of course!

I would call it slow news day in the Sports Desk of the Echo.

Lets re-jig a story we have printed already to fill that back page.

Remember he has still 2 years left on his contract so he will only go if the money is right for the club.

Back