• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

phil08

Home
TV
Radio
Talk
Where I Live
A-Z Index

UK versionInternational versionAbout the versions|Low graphics|Help

Sport Homepage

Football

My Club

Southend Utd
Squad Selector
Live Text
Results
Fixtures
Tables
Club Stats 606: Your Say
---------------
Five Live>>
---------------
Daily E-mail
Mobiles
Fun and Games
Question of Sport
CHOOSE A SPORT
Select ---------- Football Cricket Rugby U Rugby L Tennis Golf Motorspt Boxing Athletics Snooker Racing Cycling Disability Sport Other ------ N Ireland Scotland Wales

RELATED BBC SITES
NEWS
WEATHER

What is RSS? Last Updated: Monday, 1 May 2006, 13:52 GMT 14:52 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Eastwood aims to repay Shrimpers

Eastwood's goals have taken Southend to two straight promotions
Striker Freddy Eastwood is ready to repay Southend by staying loyal to the club that gave him a second chance.
Eastwood was released by West Ham as a teenager but was snapped up by Southend for a nominal fee from Grays in 2004.

The 22-year-old has not looked back, scoring 25 goals this season to lift the club into the Championship.

His impact has made him a possible transfer target, but Eastwood said: "I owe this club for having faith in me and want to help them next season."

Eastwood is contracted to the Roots Hall outfit until the summer of 2007 and is not ruling out extending his deal.

"Either I will get another contract at Southend, which is more than likely, or other clubs might be sniffing around so I might go elsewhere," he added.

"But I doubt it because I am enjoying my football here and I am sure that Southend might want to give me another new contract."

Eastwood, who has scored 42 times in just 64 league appearances for the Essex side, struck Southend's two goals at Swansea on Saturday to seal the Shrimpers' second successive promotion.

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Links to more Southend Utd stories

In This SectionEastwood aims to repay ShrimpersTilson jubilant as Southend go upSouthend go up after Swansea drawGerrard named player of the yearTilson concerned at late stumbleSouthend 0-1 DoncasterTilson hopes for marathon boostShrimpers want one more victoryBarnsley 2-2 SouthendSouthend 0-1 Gillingham"We were not good enough but I know Swindon will be back" - SNHave Your SayGet club news on your mobileWeatherBBC Where I Live - EssexBBC Sport League OneOfficial club website

RELATED BBC LINKS:
Your Say - 606 League One chat
BBC Where I Live - Essex
Southend-on-Sea weather
BBC Sport League One

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
Southend Utd
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

ALSO IN THIS SECTION
Eastwood aims to repay Shrimpers
Tilson jubilant as Southend go up
Southend go up after Swansea draw
Southend trio in PFA team
| What is RSS?

E-mail services | Sport on mobiles/PDAs | Headlines for your site

Sport Homepage | Football | Cricket | Rugby Union | Rugby League | Tennis | Golf | Motorsport | Boxing | Athletics | Snooker | Horse Racing | Cycling | Disability Sport | Olympics 2012 | Other Sport...

Video and Audio | TV/Radio Schedule | Scores & Fixtures | Have Your Say | Photo Galleries

Sport Academy | Health & Fitness | Fun and Games | Question of Sport

Northern Ireland | Scotland | Wales

BBC Sport Academy >> | BBC News >> | BBC Weather >> About the BBC | News sources | Privacy & Cookies Policy | Contact us
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea i spose they " MIGHT " want to give you another contract , eh, Freddy !! hehe Do we think he deserves one boys n girls ?
biggrin.gif

dont now how much ron is going to stick up pricess for next season but i would pay an extra quid on top of what ever the prices are and give it to freddy as a pay rise

its good to see how grateful freddy is for southend taking a gamble in him, we threw him in at the deep end from the non-league, got 2 promotions and have restarted his career

Yeah very pleased to read this "however" read some crap this morning on the web that he is due to sign for Derby!?!?

I cannot see this at all and pretty much laughed at the thread.

Back