• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Easy! Easy! Easy!

Look, the pigs are hungry. Real hungry. I've got to give them something or they'll start eating the furniture.

*invites the London Man Utd Fanclub round for dinner*

I thought the easy chants were wholely appropriate considering that we were playing League two football on the day they got relegated from the Premiership. To be honest, the first half was easy for us compared with what I expected.

Did it last night and I'll do it again. Perhaps with a bulletproof helmet on.

Couldn't agree with Slipperduke and South Bank Hank more.

Its a particularly crap chant which is incredibly annoying.

I trust that those partaking weren't the same ones who posted on here deriding the Stoke fans for having something original/unique, when all our fans can come up with is mimicking something they've seen on TV and can be heard being squealed all over the country by spotty herberts whose voices have yet to break.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2006,09:52)]Can I suggest the following items for a match-day "kit":

Pack of sweets, healthy supply of bottle-lids (one to replace the one they take off of the bottles and several for throwing simply to prove the point) and a supply of rope to tie down the arms of any idiots in the near vicinity who feel the need to clap above their head while chanting "Easy! Easy!" at 1-0 up!!!

1-0 (and the game is still playing), you don't do it!!
2-0 (with more than 15 minutes to go), you don't do it!!

3-0 (no matter what else is happening), you DO do it and you do it loads!!

In fact, at 3-0 you never STOP doing it!!
Just don't do it before or it's guaranteed to come back and bite you in the arse!

mad.gif
Hate the song

But was rather amusing when Palace started singing it at 1-1.

Few stopped when we was holding our fingers out explaining the score
laugh.gif

Crap chant and thankfully it's never going to transfer well into Spanish football. Soccer AM is responsible for some of the worst things to happen to football -- the pathetic "easy" chant, the moronic "Save Chip" b******s to name just two -- and that Tim "I can't decide which successful football team to jump on the band wagon and support this season" Lovejoy tw&t needs a good slapping ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2006,08:52)]Can I suggest the following items for a match-day "kit":

Pack of sweets, healthy supply of bottle-lids (one to replace the one they take off of the bottles and several for throwing simply to prove the point) and a supply of rope to tie down the arms of any idiots in the near vicinity who feel the need to clap above their head while chanting "Easy! Easy!" at 1-0 up!!!

1-0 (and the game is still playing), you don't do it!!
2-0 (with more than 15 minutes to go), you don't do it!!

3-0 (no matter what else is happening), you DO do it and you do it loads!!

In fact, at 3-0 you never STOP doing it!!
Just don't do it before or it's guaranteed to come back and bite you in the arse!

mad.gif
u never sing it till full time and have won.

many moons ago whilst at plymuff uni i watched the argyle away at reading just before crimbo.

3-0 up, ****ing all over the home team and 18 mins left. cue: 'jingle bells, oh what fun it is to see the argyle win away.

full time result woz 4-3 to reading.

ho hum

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 09 2006,10:54)]I don't particularly want to dswfwnd them as it always rebounds on us, but the chanting of easy is clearly ironic.
rock.gif
I think you're giving these people a bit too much credit.

Slipper - can I have that gun after you?

this is my last thought on this honest. I can't believe that anyone thinks that these kids are being serious when they chant "easy easy". Even they know Palace away is one of our graveyards and yes they are being ironic and they know it. I cast my mind back 30 plus years when we used to go to Blues and would cheer, chant, muck about whatever. It was partly that the football was pretty awful but mainly because we were young and stupid and quite proud of the fact and if it wound a few of the old west stand farts up the better. I don't think they're doing anything different and they are quite aware of what they're doing. If they could read some of the reactions here they no doubt would smile and say, "job done"
cool.gif

I dont know why we cant go back to how it used to be in the good old days. As soon as you score you turn to the away fans pick the lariest sections of fans and aim a well placed w%&ker sign at them.

This easy stuff is no-where near offensive enough.
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Aug. 10 2006,10:13)]this is my last thought on this honest. I can't believe that anyone thinks that these kids are being serious when they chant "easy easy". Even they know Palace away is one of our graveyards and yes they are being ironic and they know it. I cast my mind back 30 plus years when we used to go to Blues and would cheer, chant, muck about whatever. It was partly that the football was pretty awful but mainly because we were young and stupid and quite proud of the fact and if it wound a few of the old west stand farts up the better. I don't think they're doing anything different and they are quite aware of what they're doing. If they could read some of the reactions here they no doubt would smile and say, "job done"
cool.gif
Actually, I happen to think most of the comments made in this thread are firmly tongue-in-cheek and ironic. I won't actually be taking rope to tie people's arms down and I'm quite sure Sliiperduke won't be shooting people in the fact (not sure about the pigs though).

Bottom line for me is that, more so than any other chant, the Easy one utterly begs the opposition to score and the opposition fans to rub it in your face. Don't get me wrong - if you're winning, it's inbelievably tempting but it does make conceding a later goal so, so, so much more painful! And conceding goals is painful at the best of times...

Bottom line is that chanting 'Easy' makes you look like a c%&t. It's only ironic if you start chanting it at 3-0 down. The Nicholson-shirted ****-munchers who do it after our first shot are not being ironic. They're being cocky and tempting fate. People started doing it last season against Yeovil and the West-Country Boys promptly went 1-0 up.

Interesting fact though; the first recorded footage of the 'easy' chant is during the 1968 European Cup Semi-Final. It was the Man Utd fans. They really are a bunch of tw&ts.

How about on saturday Someone gets the good old England cricket team song going... "EVERYWHERE WE GO" etc etc.... Sounds the nutzzz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 10 2006,11:10)]Interesting fact though; the first recorded footage of the 'easy' chant is during the 1968 European Cup Semi-Final. It was the Man Utd fans. They really are a bunch of tw&ts.
Celtic fans were chanting 'Easy' against Inter Milan in the 1967 European Cup Final in Lisbon. Footage of this match is quite often shown and the Celtic fans can be heard clearly chanting 'Easy', no silly hand clapping above head in those days though.

Great after match pitch invasion in that game as well
laugh.gif

Anyone around in the mid 1960's let us know if you heard it earlier?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 09 2006,11:49)]Look, the pigs are hungry. Real hungry. I've got to give them something or they'll start eating the furniture.

*invites the London Man Utd Fanclub round for dinner*
so thats most of there fans then
tounge.gif

Back