• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Easy! Easy! Easy!

Can I suggest the following items for a match-day "kit":

Pack of sweets, healthy supply of bottle-lids (one to replace the one they take off of the bottles and several for throwing simply to prove the point) and a supply of rope to tie down the arms of any idiots in the near vicinity who feel the need to clap above their head while chanting "Easy! Easy!" at 1-0 up!!!

1-0 (and the game is still playing), you don't do it!!
2-0 (with more than 15 minutes to go), you don't do it!!

3-0 (no matter what else is happening), you DO do it and you do it loads!!

In fact, at 3-0 you never STOP doing it!!
Just don't do it before or it's guaranteed to come back and bite you in the arse!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper till i die @ Aug. 09 2006,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1-0 (and the game is still playing), you don't do it!!

Please tell me this didn’t happen last night after we scored  
blush.gif

Egg on your face springs to mind  
sleepy.gif
There was some amount of egg-wearing last night it must be said.

down.gif

I don't particularly want to dswfwnd them as it always rebounds on us, but the chanting of easy is clearly ironic.
rock.gif

Well after once seeing the West stand chav brigade doing the easy chant when we were 0-0 and the opposition missed a chance Im not surprised...

Nearly every football chant will bite you in the arse at some stage..
Championship your having a laugh
Your not singing anymore
One nil to the ...
blah etc.. by your reckoning no one should sing anything until your 3 nil up..
I dont like the 'easy' chant much , it does look good when a whole stand does it but thats about it.. if some fans want to do it at 1-0 thats up to them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Aug. 09 2006,11:00)]Nearly every football chant will bite you in the arse at some stage..
Your not singing anymore
One nil to the ...
blah etc..  by your reckoning no one should sing anything until your 3 nil up..
I dont like the 'easy' chant much , it does look good when a whole stand does it but thats about it..  if some fans want to do it at 1-0 thats up to them.
No, by my reckoning the "Easy!" chant should be used when the game is in fact... easy... kind of like when you're, say, about 3-0 up.

Personally, I think anyone who does the 'Easy' chant should be shot in the face and fed to the pigs, but that's just me.

Nothing says, "Know-nothing Chav ****-muncher," more than clapping your hands in the hair like a pilled-up seal and chanting 'easy' before the game is over.

Who does it? Seriously? Have they never, ever been to a game of football before? What's easy about a trip to Selhurst Park? We're in the Championship now, nothing's going to be easy. For the love of God, stop doing it, you're making us look like c%&ts!*

* - I hope that the swear filter is working today.

bloody soccer am
i generally love the programme, but that chant.....

save if for col u when we are 4 up and the entire ground is doing it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Aug. 09 2006,11:15)]Who does it? Seriously? Have they never, ever been to a game of football before? What's easy about a trip to Selhurst Park? We're in the Championship now, nothing's going to be easy. For the love of God, stop doing it, you're making us look like c%&ts!*

* - I hope that the swear filter is working today.
as i said. It's called irony.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Aug. 09 2006,11:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Aug. 09 2006,11:00)]Nearly every football chant will bite you in the arse at some stage..
Your not singing anymore
One nil to the ...
blah etc..  by your reckoning no one should sing anything until your 3 nil up..
I dont like the 'easy' chant much , it does look good when a whole stand does it but thats about it..  if some fans want to do it at 1-0 thats up to them.
No, by my reckoning the "Easy!" chant should be used when the game is in fact... easy... kind of like when you're, say, about 3-0 up.
the best time to use that chant would be if you were 6 nil down.. Irony, as has been mentioned, is king..
most of the people who do it are kids anyway, Bit harsh to stop them having a bit of fun.

I accept some of the points regarding irony, but not at 1-0.
6 nil down and "Easy!" is irony.
1-0 and "Easy!" is not.

For what it's worth, I'm not REALLY intending to take any rope to the match.

Football chanting is all about freedom of speach if they want to do the easy chant allow them as its not hurting anyone. i see loads of little kids do it all the time and i dont think its fair telling them to get shot in the face. I know my little nephew does it his 10 and he doesn't diserve to be shot in the face, no way pedro!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, you're probably right. We shouldn't shoot people in the face for such minor crimes. You seem okay with feeding to the pigs though?

biggrin.gif

Back