• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EASY EASY EASY EASY!

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
now this ladies and gents is the kind of occasion where the "Easy" clap can come into play, not at 0-0 or at 1-0 or even 2-0....try 10-1
laugh.gif

Southend vs Aldershot - 1990

a big thanks to Jam_Man for supplying the rare VHS source tape.

give it a few minutes to go through, it's hot off the presses....

Its up now! Well done Kenny !

Its nice to see the goals again myself, not having a video for a while probably havent seent the video in over 10 years.

Wonder how many others here made up the 998 crowd !

PS, now thats when shorts were short, what would Freddy have done back then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 31 2006,22:34)]Its up now! Well done Kenny !

Its nice to see the goals again myself, not having a video for a while probably havent seent the video in over 10 years.

I was, and i still think their goal was the best one of thew game !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 31 2006,22:34)]Wonder how many others here made up the 998 crowd !
I was there .. but wasn't it 1,100 and something.

I thought there was a goal for every 100 people in the ground?!

[b said:

crowd was 1281 according to the SUFCDB site.

Another moment of note was Steve Wignall going off injured after about 20 minutes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ Aug. 31 2006,22:39)]
[b said:

oh I dunno, I think Ansahs goal was pretty good

Thanks so much great seeing the ground as it used to be. We have all chatted about what team is the best and looking at that team and seeing how we used to link up play i think i will change my view as to that was the best team we ever had.
thanks again

Yes you are right, 1,281 per one of my programmes.

Could have sworn it was under 1000.

2273 went to see us then beat Torquay 7-0 in teh same competition.

Still that year we got beat 8-0 by Palace earlier in the season so we had to pay it back somehow!

Interestingly the program Im reading is vs Rotherham1/3/91 No.9 Shaun Goater!

they even had the "you what, you what, you what you what you what!" chant in there, didn't even know it existed back then.

I have to admit the camera being in the East stand had me very confused.

Interesting how none of the players celebrate scoring with the fans, it's all amongst themselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Aug. 31 2006,22:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ Aug. 31 2006,22:39)]
[b said:

oh I dunno, I think Ansahs goal was pretty good
OK, fair point but to put in that much effort when you're 10-0 down and score a quality goal like that must be what has tainted my view of it.

P.S. Bretty Angels chip wasnt that bad either !

The line up for that game :

Sansome
Austin
Powell
Cornwell
Prior
Tilson
Cawley
Butler
Ansah
Benjamin
Angell

Subs
Locke
Edwards

3 of them still at the club last season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 31 2006,22:47)]Interesting how none of the players celebrate scoring with the fans, it's all amongst themselves.
They were struggling to spot any!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ Aug. 31 2006,22:49)]OK, fair point but to put in that much effort when you're 10-0 down and score a quality goal like that must be what has tainted my view of it.

P.S. Bretty Angels chip wasnt that bad either !
It got one of the biggest cheers as well from us!

Funny how they are 10-0 down and still celebrate the goal like they have achieved anything.

"Thank god we brought it back to 10-1, otherwise it would have been embarrassing...."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 31 2006,23:34)]Wonder how many others here made up the 998 crowd !
I was. You can see me in the NW corner at the top of the terrace between "RADIO" and "ESSEX" close to the toilets because I wasn't feeling too good at the time ...

Back