• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Good mix of destinations, can only be a good thing in my opinion

London Southend now on sale!

Enter our fantastic prize draw

Book a return trip for early summer 2012, from London Southend Airport and you could win a pair of tickets* to every other desination now on sale from this brand new base.

That’s right, everyone who makes a return booking for London Southend between 26 July and 1 August 2011, will go into a prize draw to win a pair of tickets* to the seven other destinations we’ll be flying to from London Southend as of April and May 2012 and our lucky winner will have a whole year in which to take their trips.

The eight great destinations we’ll be flying to from London Southend, and some great reasons to visit them, are below.

Amsterdam – from 2 April 2012

Culture, canals and coffee shops, Amsterdam is not only Europe’s capital of fun, but is a great place to unwind. The city takes things at a leisurely pace during the day but gets into party mode at night. And what a setting! Beating Venice in the canal stakes, cities really don’t get much more picturesque than this.

Barcelona – from 2 April 2012

If you’re looking for a city that has it all, then look no further than Barcelona. The town has something for everyone from the fairytale works of Gaudi, to the hallowed turf of the Nou Camp and vibrant nightlife of Poble Nou. However, what makes this city truly unique is its stunning seaside location, with the beach just a 10 minute stroll from the famous Ramblas.

Belfast - from 2 April 2012

With great shopping, plenty of culture and warm and friendly locals, Belfast is a popular destination for short breaks. Take a stroll round the Cathedral Quarter, meet the residence of Belfast Zoo or see the birth place of the world’s most famous ship at the Titanic Dock. The city is also famed for its live music scene with pop, rock, traditional and everything in between sure to be heard on your visit.

Alicante – from 5 April 2012

Take a trip to Alicante and soak up the sun on the famous Costa Blanca. Home to the beautiful beaches of Playa de San Juan, the seaside charms of El Campello and the bright lights of Benidorm, this fabulous part of Spain has something for everyone. And with around 350 days of shine a year, it’s the perfect place to visit at anytime.

Faro – from 5 April 2012
Holiday’s on the Algarve begin in Faro. This popular part of Portugal is home to miles and miles of sun dappled beaches and an abundance of pretty white washed villages set against a stunning Atlantic backdrop. Popular resorts in the area include Albufeira, Portimao and Vilamoura, all perfect for your next getaway.

Malaga- from 1 May 2012

As the gateway to the Costa del Sol, there’s lots of reasons to fly to Malaga. Families can fun on the beaches and theme parks of Torremolinos and Benalmadena, while golf lovers can try for a hole in one in the areas forty plus golf courses. Malaga also gives easy access to the ever popular Marbella and its glamorous neighbour Puerto Banus, the perfect spot for a stylishly sun kissed summer break.

Majorca - from 1 May 2012

With sandy beaches, warm shallow waters and sunny days aplenty Majorca is the perfect destination for all the family. The welcoming Balearic Island is blessed with beautiful scenery and has attractions to keep little ones busy. With everything from a host of water parks, to go karting, parrot shows and mini zoos just waiting to be discovered.

Ibiza- from 1 May 2012

Nowhere on earth can party quite like Ibiza. From May to September the music never stops as glamorous revellers dance till dawn and beyond in some of the planet’s most famous clubs including Space and the original Pacha. Strut your stuff and join them on the dance floor, before spending some time unwinding on the island's beautiful beaches.

its malaga for me next year, to the sportsmans bar to see andy dixon, bring it on.

Good mix of destinations, can only be a good thing in my opinion

London Southend now on sale!

Enter our fantastic prize draw

Book a return trip for early summer 2012, from London Southend Airport and you could win a pair of tickets* to every other desination now on sale from this brand new base.

That’s right, everyone who makes a return booking for London Southend between 26 July and 1 August 2011, will go into a prize draw to win a pair of tickets* to the seven other destinations we’ll be flying to from London Southend as of April and May 2012 and our lucky winner will have a whole year in which to take their trips.

The eight great destinations we’ll be flying to from London Southend, and some great reasons to visit them, are below.

Amsterdam – from 2 April 2012

Culture, canals and coffee shops, Amsterdam is not only Europe’s capital of fun, but is a great place to unwind. The city takes things at a leisurely pace during the day but gets into party mode at night. And what a setting! Beating Venice in the canal stakes, cities really don’t get much more picturesque than this.

Barcelona – from 2 April 2012

If you’re looking for a city that has it all, then look no further than Barcelona. The town has something for everyone from the fairytale works of Gaudi, to the hallowed turf of the Nou Camp and vibrant nightlife of Poble Nou. However, what makes this city truly unique is its stunning seaside location, with the beach just a 10 minute stroll from the famous Ramblas.

Belfast - from 2 April 2012

With great shopping, plenty of culture and warm and friendly locals, Belfast is a popular destination for short breaks. Take a stroll round the Cathedral Quarter, meet the residence of Belfast Zoo or see the birth place of the world’s most famous ship at the Titanic Dock. The city is also famed for its live music scene with pop, rock, traditional and everything in between sure to be heard on your visit.

Alicante – from 5 April 2012

Take a trip to Alicante and soak up the sun on the famous Costa Blanca. Home to the beautiful beaches of Playa de San Juan, the seaside charms of El Campello and the bright lights of Benidorm, this fabulous part of Spain has something for everyone. And with around 350 days of shine a year, it’s the perfect place to visit at anytime.

Faro – from 5 April 2012
Holiday’s on the Algarve begin in Faro. This popular part of Portugal is home to miles and miles of sun dappled beaches and an abundance of pretty white washed villages set against a stunning Atlantic backdrop. Popular resorts in the area include Albufeira, Portimao and Vilamoura, all perfect for your next getaway.

Malaga- from 1 May 2012

As the gateway to the Costa del Sol, there’s lots of reasons to fly to Malaga. Families can fun on the beaches and theme parks of Torremolinos and Benalmadena, while golf lovers can try for a hole in one in the areas forty plus golf courses. Malaga also gives easy access to the ever popular Marbella and its glamorous neighbour Puerto Banus, the perfect spot for a stylishly sun kissed summer break.

Majorca - from 1 May 2012

With sandy beaches, warm shallow waters and sunny days aplenty Majorca is the perfect destination for all the family. The welcoming Balearic Island is blessed with beautiful scenery and has attractions to keep little ones busy. With everything from a host of water parks, to go karting, parrot shows and mini zoos just waiting to be discovered.

Ibiza- from 1 May 2012

Nowhere on earth can party quite like Ibiza. From May to September the music never stops as glamorous revellers dance till dawn and beyond in some of the planet’s most famous clubs including Space and the original Pacha. Strut your stuff and join them on the dance floor, before spending some time unwinding on the island's beautiful beaches.

Just did a simulation for a week in Barcelona in April.........came out at £55+ return, that's not bad. I'm waiting for further destinations to be announced, so far there is nothing in France. I did hear talk of moving some of the Stansted flight to Southend, needless to say if they did Toulouse to Southend, I would be well pleased. Do Easyjet have a left-wing bias...
.........why are they helping out Barna and not me!!! :angry: :winking:

Just booked return flights for me and the good lady to Barcelona, £107, bargain! (until the credit card charge bit anyway!)

It's Malaga for me too. Got family just down the road from there so that'll save some time. As soon as the July flights are available I shall be booking up my flight.

ooo, which dates is that. Im thinking of having my stag around then

Looks like they are flying every Mon, Weds & Sat.

Cheapest day to go appears to be a Mon or Weds @ £60-£80 RTN.

Sat flights come in @ £80-£100 RTN.

Already booking our flights for our annual golfing jaunt to Portugal. Will be nice to not have to get up at 2:30am!!

Think its HT week in the first full week in June so they will probably go quick and be expensive. I know Em is going with her mates so sure she will be glued to EJ site when she gets in and ill see what she finds. Be nice to see when the August flights appear and how much they will cost! :thumbsup:

Very exciting, lots of great weekend breaks beckon!
Booked for Mallorca today end of May - just one possible snag, we need to be going up in the automatics otherwise I will be flying back for our Wembley trip on the Sunday.:smile:

Looks like they are flying every Mon, Weds & Sat.

Cheapest day to go appears to be a Mon or Weds @ £60-£80 RTN.

Sat flights come in @ £80-£100 RTN.

Damn shame they don't fly out on a Friday late afternoon and back Sunday evening!

A good point of reference is a website www.skyscanner.net to cross check for the best bargains etc...

Also under legislation there must always be a free, card method of payment, could well be a pre paid card like electron etc....

Good news for the airport, which will also bring much needed new jobs to the area.

I am hopeing that we get some scheduled airlines operating from Southend, to some of the major European hubs where connections can be easily made. KLM going to Amsterdam would be handy as would Lufthansa to somewhere like Frankfurt or Munich.

Back