• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question ebay quandary

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I bought some clothes from a Chinese seller - not a problem, I have dealt with them before and been well happy - and my order turned up as promised. Problem is, they included an item which I didn't order or have been charged for. (It looks like a lady's silk kimono, harem pants and wide belt!). What to do? Keep it? Send it back at some cost? What is my legal psition? Any ideas?

I bought some clothes from a Chinese seller - not a problem, I have dealt with them before and been well happy - and my order turned up as promised. Problem is, they included an item which I didn't order or have been charged for. (It looks like a lady's silk kimono, harem pants and wide belt!). What to do? Keep it? Send it back at some cost? What is my legal psition? Any ideas?

If they fit you then keep them.

I wouldn't wear them at Millwall away though.

I would be careful. What if it was supposed to go to the wife, or concubine of some high ranking Triad....Has all the makings of a script for the next Fargo.

They could have included these items as a free gift to a regular customer?

I would e-mail the company concerned and explain their apparent error and ask what they would like to do about it.

State you would be happy to make the items available for collection at a suitable convenient time and date.

The chances are, especially if you are a good customer, that they will simply ask you to retain/keep the items that they sent you as a gift and a gesture of goodwill, the cost to them of paying you to return the items would be to much.

Excellent advice from The Big Dady. In my spare time when well enough, I help old people that have no one to help(All have relatives not willing to help), getting shopping, mowing the lawn, fixing things, etc etc. So I needed a good petrol lawn mower about 3 years ago. There was a 'Just used once' one in Crewe, free P&P. I won the auction at a low price of £60, it was £180 new. Waited and waited. Emailed seller, kept coming up with excuses, would send out tomorrow blah blah. Waited more. Then I got very abusive emails about the price I won was way too low(his fault as no minimum winning bid) and that I should pay the £20 P&P(his fault as free P&P stipulated). Anyway, he refused to send it even tho ebay got involved. Took Two months from start to finish. He sent me about 15 abusive ranting ebay messages and emails. He clearly had a screw loose. I got refunded of course, and he got banned from ebay. Apart from that, I love ebay and have bought many great bargains over the years.

Excellent advice from The Big Dady. In my spare time when well enough, I help old people that have no one to help(All have relatives not willing to help), getting shopping, mowing the lawn, fixing things, etc etc. So I needed a good petrol lawn mower about 3 years ago. There was a 'Just used once' one in Crewe, free P&P. I won the auction at a low price of £60, it was £180 new. Waited and waited. Emailed seller, kept coming up with excuses, would send out tomorrow blah blah. Waited more. Then I got very abusive emails about the price I won was way too low(his fault as no minimum winning bid) and that I should pay the £20 P&P(his fault as free P&P stipulated). Anyway, he refused to send it even tho ebay got involved. Took Two months from start to finish. He sent me about 15 abusive ranting ebay messages and emails. He clearly had a screw loose. I got refunded of course, and he got banned from ebay. Apart from that, I love ebay and have bought many great bargains over the years.

Why didn't you pay him a visit and 'settle the matter out of court'

You could have gone round there, mowed and cut him down to size, then finished off by rolling him into the ground?

Back