• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo - Comments Forum

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Last edited:
Funniest thing about that post and im sure Mike or one of our current Soilders will testify that to pass time those brave men kick a ball about?

The latest drivel from a clueless fool on The Echo website, regarding the new stadium....

You football yobs are all ****ers you dont care at all about the ones trying to make a liveing in the high street or who lives around the site. selfish that you are kicking a ball is so cool what about the guys in iraq?
they are the heros not prats kicking a ball.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/display.var.1148846.0.updated_rochford_backs_the_blues.php//#comments

Can we give this guy his own series? I think we might have at long last found the successor to Chris Morris.

Of course, anyone who cared about the High Street, and wasn't just a nimby concerned about matchday parking, would have noted that on the day Southend approved the new stadium, a new tenant was found for the High Street, who was paying a record rent.

How about this one:

Posted by: csj on 10:08pm Thu 25 Jan 07
Outrageous! I'll be supporting Orient from now on!!

What a joker he is!

and we cant actual take any of the High Street tenants for 5 years?

Not quite, any store who opens at Fossetts wont be able to leave the high street for 5 years.

I still think the retail park vs High street is a mute argument, they are different. The retail park will compete against the other retail parks at Stadium way. the airport, basildon etc.

I would have thought Southend High Street was more at risk from Lakeside and Bluewater, and what Southend needed was a retail centre to stop people going to those two. At least any Fossets development keeps them in the Borough.

Back