• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
For exposing the potential deal with with Tomlin - Apparently Sturrocks got the raving about it

To be fair I agree to a certain extent if this deal falls through because of the Echo I will be ****ed!

Bloody ridiculous. You can't censor the press. The fans have a right to know what's going on at the club and if it were left to the official site, we would know bugger all except the under 18's pre-season friendlies!

Bloody ridiculous. You can't censor the press. The fans have a right to know what's going on at the club and if it were left to the official site, we would know bugger all except the under 18's pre-season friendlies!

I agree but what I don't agree is a newspaper potentially scuppering our chances of signing a player we are after IF the info is sensitive

Ok so if a transfer deal fails because of the Echo announcing it who is to blame.

Most transfers are in kept secret until completion, its not unusual.

Hardly a secret that he is available though is it? Im sure his name has been circulated by Daggers. In fairness to CP he is the only outlet for news seemingly. Still no official word from the OS about players released, all we've had is the announcement of friendlies.

We've had this before haven't we, the club don't like it when deals are being worked on and the Echo break the story. I can see both sides of the argument really, but personally I'd like the Echo to shut up and stop hampering the club.

No but I was surprised he was announcing names of targets. The club dont like that and thought they would be annoyed by it, even though I was pressing CP for a name myself :)

The club have been quiet lately though and certainly should have reported on recent departures.

Maybe Luggy should aim his anger at those who leaked the story. If it's that secretive a deal then surely only a few people know about it so should be easy to find out who it was.

No but I was surprised he was announcing names of targets. The club dont like that and thought they would be annoyed by it, even though I was pressing CP for a name myself :)

The club have been quiet lately though and certainly should have reported on recent departures.

My guess is that quite a few people are on holiday and they're running at bare-bones at the moment.

My guess is that quite a few people are on holiday and they're running at bare-bones at the moment.

How hard is it to put up a story with the released names in it? They've managed to put up a story about watching the England game at the club.

How hard is it to put up a story with the released names in it? They've managed to put up a story about watching the England game at the club.

One makes money, the other doesn't.

Get your point, though. It probably doesn't take much to post a simple message of thanks to those who have been released.

Perhaps Sturrock shouldn't have told Chris Phillips about Tomlin signing, if he didn't want anything in the paper. It's not hard. Just play your cards close to your chest, or agree to give CP an exclusive when the deal is more concrete.

The Echo should not be the club's puppet. If it was, we would not know half the things we know about the financial side of things or the stadium.

The Echo are on the absolute vanguard of journalism.

They know someone has stolen a lawnmower from your shed or that vandals have done £150 worth of damage to your motor almost before you do.

Perhaps Sturrock shouldn't have told Chris Phillips about Tomlin signing, if he didn't want anything in the paper. It's not hard. Just play your cards close to your chest, or agree to give CP an exclusive when the deal is more concrete.

The Echo should not be the club's puppet. If it was, we would not know half the things we know about the financial side of things or the stadium.

Your friendship though I wager makes you biased

Nobody wants any potential deals but in jeopardy , but to be fair to Chris Phillips , if he hears the story , then he has to print it - it's his job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back