• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

allygold

Greetings people. Couldn't see how I could contact mods or staff members, so I thought I would just post this.

For the past couple of days I've been trying to get off the ground a little pet project and finally it's at a stage where I can kind of share it with everyone.

I've been working on a general football article site for people to find the latest news and views and chat about football from the Premier$hite down to Non-league football. It's still in its very very early stages and there's going to be a lot of design work hopefully going on in coming weeks, but some news articles and the forum are up and running.

It won't clash with the fantastic Shrimper Zone as this is clearly the place to chat about our Championship bound side. Hopefully, Echo of Glory will be a companion site with all the latest news and views on the beautiful game as a whole.

I'm hoping that eventually it'll be a site full of great football articles from a number of talented young writers as well as a place to find the latest news from all the divisions.

As I said, the place is very much in its infancy (it was only created last Saturday), but please come along, try out the site and tell me what you'd like to see in it as Southend fans and generally help me out as I'm very much a technophobe but I'm trying.

I'm looking for more news and views from League One and Two as the membership is a bit Premier$hite heavy at the moment, although I do boast one Grimsby fan and an Oxford fan.

Oh by the way, the site is http://www.echoofglory.com If you know fans from other clubs, invite them along too. Please bookmark it and keep checking back as it hopefully grows.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (allygold @ April 10 2006,22:42)]It won't clash with the fantastic Shrimper Zone as this is clearly the place to chat about our League One bound side.
Best brush up on your SUFC knowledge first
tounge.gif

He he, slip of the brain. It is late and I was watching Prison Break while writing.

Anybody signed up? I really want to get it away from just being Premier$hite fans involved.

Anybody else?
smile.gif
Seem to have 75 members now which isn't bad for a week.

Looking at the front page...perhaps the odd League one or Championship article/headline would help......

Fans of lower league football may see the Premier$hite saturated front page and think it is yet another premiersh!te biased site....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ April 11 2006,11:24)]Looking at the front page...perhaps the odd League one or Championship article/headline would help......

Fans of lower league football may see the Premier$hite saturated front page and think it is yet another premiersh!te biased site....
I totally agree mate. There's a League One story lower down but it's tricky to keep up with every division. I've got a League Two writer who is going to start churning out bits. I'm looking for decent writers who can write up news and views from the other leagues. Don't suppose you know anyone?

Excellent. I see at least three Shrimpers on my members list. Thanks guys. I'll try and get some non-Premier$hite news up and soon as possible. Got a few bits up already.

I've also put a link up to Shrimper Zone, as its a class site.

Back