• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimistā­
Nicolau feels he has a point to prove as he says he wanted to stay at Southend and "ended up being treated quite badly by them".

He adds, "I loved it there and it's a shame things were not handled a little better when it came to discussing a new contract".

Hmmm.

Let's see. We offered him a contract, he thought about it for ages, we may have made an improved offer, but either way I seem to recall he accepted.

When it wasn't signed I believe RM discovered he had been talking to Swindon, so withdrew the offer. The following day he signs for Swindon.

Fair enough I think. I don't think he was badly treated. It's the risk you take when you talk to more than one club. You may get 2 offers, but there is a possibility you might get none. At least he got one, and if he was so keen to stay, why did he stall on signing having agreed the terms?

It sounds to me as though he was using Swindon to beef up our deal, and it backfired on him.

If my recollection or understanding is wrong I will happily stand corrected.

I reckon your spot on there.

In my opinion, Nic Nak wasn't good enough for us. You can count the good games he played on one hand and he suddenly thinks he deserves more money, he just aint got a clue. I can understand Leon Constantine wanting more money, he would have deserved it, I could understand Darryl wanting more money, possibly even Che, but Nic Nak? Nope. Good ridance to him.

Never a left back, definately a left winger but lets face it we have hardly missed any of the players that left in the summer, I have complete faith in tilly and reckon his judgements were correct

I've got nothing against Nic. It just didn't work out, he played us off against Swindon in the hope of better riches and he lost.

He was only really good as a left winger though, and as I've already said, I believe Cole will turn out to be better in that position than Nicky will be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 08 2005,13:14)]I reckon your spot on there.

In my opinion, Nic Nak wasn't good enough for us. You can count the good games he played on one hand and he suddenly thinks he deserves more money, he just aint got a clue. I can understand Leon Constantine wanting more money, he would have deserved it, I could understand Darryl wanting more money, possibly even Che, but Nic Nak? Nope. Good ridance to him.
<tackles up, attaches bait>

Flahavan? Worth more money? Get away!

<casts>

<waits patiently...>

Flavs is an outstanding keeper, I believe that if he was a few inches taller he would have clubs from higher divisions sniffing around trying to sign him.Fact.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Sep. 08 2005,13:18)]
[b said:

Flahavan? Ā Worth more money? Ā Get away!

<casts>

<waits patiently...>
I think it's clear that Bart is better than Flavs in any case.

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Sep. 08 2005,13:18)]
[b said:

Flahavan? Ā Worth more money? Ā Get away!

<casts>

<waits patiently...>
I think it's clear that Bart is better than Flavs in any case.

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ Sep. 08 2005,13:16)]Never a left back, definately a left winger but lets face it we have hardly missed any of the players that left in the summer, I have complete faith in tilly and reckon his judgements were correct
I&#39;m praying he starts at left back on Saturday. Marky G will have great fun&#33;&#33;

Tut, tut.

There&#39;s no need for such blantant fishing. You should have posted it in a more subtle way&#33;
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Sep. 08 2005,13:28)]Tut, tut.

There&#39;s no need for such blantant fishing. You should have posted it in a more subtle way&#33;
tounge.gif
Didn&#39;t need to. Reeled one in after 4 minutes.

I really didn&#39;t think anyone would actually bite.

Tweedy, do you play Poker? Can we have a game?

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway back to topic. I&#39;ve got nothing against Nicky although he seems to be talking s%&amp;te about being treated badly by the Club.

Has he being playing so far this season?

Nicolau is a chancer - an average squad player for us, never League One standard and I don&#39;t like hearing him badmouth Southend. Mind you, he&#39;s a good advert for whatever tanning shop he uses...

Yeah I hope Nicolau is playing saturday, i rated him a little bit, never in defence though. Lets see what we can do on Saturday&#33;
wink.gif

I wouldnt want to hurt your feelings by beating you at poker

Back