• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eddie May

Sad sad loss - great memories of Eddie - hopefully he'll go a long way when he settles in upstairs.

RIP Eddie. You were one of my Favorite players when I was a kid. We had some good players around that time. Peter Goy, Lou Costello, John Neale, Eddie May, Bobby Kellard, Eddie Fermani

And don't forget Mel Slack, John McKinven, Eddie Clayton, Phil Chisnall and many more.

RIP Eddie. Remember him when he started out by giving us a replacement for Peter Watson. Was among the exodus to Wrexham when Alvin Williams departed his job here. Alvin being the manager who predicted that he would get Southend out of Division 3 (at the time), and did. He got us relegated for the first time.

Back to Eddie, really good Centre Half and made a decent manager at Wrexham if I remember rightly.

Happy memories of happy days.

Thats sad, I remember the old " we"ll go a long way with Eddie May" song in the north bank, a big young and reliable centre half as I remember him.

Oh and dont forget my old hero Derek Woodley from those days, also sadly no longer with us.

Excellent centre-half.Unappreciated by many of our fans at the time.The price you have to pay sometimes for being a local lad.Taking over the c.h. berth from the great Peter Watson didn't endear him to many either.

Excellent centre-half.Unappreciated by many of our fans at the time.The price you have to pay sometimes for being a local lad.Taking over the c.h. berth from the great Peter Watson didn't endear him to many either.

Completely different style to Peter Watson and a bit of a culture shock at the time.

Was described as 'the most rock like pivot to visit Oakwell this season' by a Sunday paper following our 2-1 victory over Barnsley in February 1967 (Steve Ingle scored both!).

RIP Eddie and I very much hope there will be a minute's silence (or applause) on Friday.

Back