• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Edge browser

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I've always been a Firefox aficionado but I have just downloaded the latest version of the Edge and I'm giving it a try. At the moment it seems incredibly quick in comparison with Firefox. Anyone using it or had bad experiences?

We use Edge at work. I don't like it, when I need to look up an address for directions for a property we're marketing, I can't google it anywhere near as easily.

Reactions: RHB
My daughter has Edge on her laptop and she hates it so I downloaded Google Chrome for her, she much prefers that. I tried to navigate it and it’s not the easiest to work with.

I’d be interested to get a few more views like @Ricey’s that compare the user experience of Edge and Chrome.

We currently have Chrome at work but one of my techies is pushing for Edge for configurational/comparability reasons, and he has a good point on that basis given some of our other software - particularly the legacy stuff with tech debt. We can live with Chrome though from a tech perspective - and if the consensus is that the user experience is better then I’ll stick with that. I’ve never used Edge myself.

I have both Edge and Google Chrome on my Laptop, and use both, mainly use Chrome for searching for stuff, and Edge for websites I know and need to login.

I think Chrome is quicker at searching for stuff and the results for shopping, pics, video's etc are normally good.

Edge I like for visiting sites that I already know with saved passwords etc.

There is no problem using both as I do, I have Edge set as default browser, and this opens automatically if I click and follow a link etc.

One other thing to bear in mind, Edge is the Microsoft browser that is the default browser in Windows 10 which is fully supported and is automatically updated.

So far I'm finding it ok. As I said earlier, it's much faster than Firefox was and now I've had a chance to play with the various settings and menus, it's not too difficult to use. The one thing that makes me a bit twitchy is that it is a Microsoft product and unless you specifically tell it no, it will feed data about you to the centre. Mind you, Windows 10 also does that.

I’d be interested to get a few more views like @Ricey’s that compare the user experience of Edge and Chrome.

We currently have Chrome at work but one of my techies is pushing for Edge for configurational/comparability reasons, and he has a good point on that basis given some of our other software - particularly the legacy stuff with tech debt. We can live with Chrome though from a tech perspective - and if the consensus is that the user experience is better then I’ll stick with that. I’ve never used Edge myself.

The most annoying thing I found and the reason I switched her over was Google. Google is the best search engine out there but Edge uses Bing. I’m sure there is a way to change it but I really struggled to do it. In the end I gave up and downloaded google chrome.

The most annoying thing I found and the reason I switched her over was Google. Google is the best search engine out there but Edge uses Bing. I’m sure there is a way to change it but I really struggled to do it. In the end I gave up and downloaded google chrome.
Spooky, I've just done it

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. At the top right, click More actions (...) > Settings.
  3. On the left, click Privacy and Services. ...
  4. Scroll to the bottom and click Address bar.
  5. In the “Search engine used in the address bar” drop-down, select Google.

Spooky, I've just done it

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. At the top right, click More actions (...) > Settings.
  3. On the left, click Privacy and Services. ...
  4. Scroll to the bottom and click Address bar.
  5. In the “Search engine used in the address bar” drop-down, select Google.

I’ll give that a try later but she much prefers chrome to edge.

I have the new edge but hate it. Firefox seems to be very buggy at the moment and some websites don't seem to load very well on it. (Ebay is one of them as an example).

I have used chrome for ages and to be honest, I have no issues with it and it synchronises really well with my Samsung phone.

I also run a MacPro and on that I use Safari despite Chrome being available to download. Safari and Chrome run at fairly similar speeds.

Quick update for @Rootshallbloke

Found this tonight while eating a large bowl of Frosties. (It's what I do) LOL

Makes for an interesting read with regards to The Edge Browser and security concerns

Back