• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Edinburgh.

DTS

The Business
Alright lads,

Got a mates stag do coming up and were are going to Edinburgh. Sadly this does mean missing Stoke away (Damm)

Have already had a good chat with my old china Glasgow SUFC but am not opening up to the floor for some ideas on things to do.

There are 25 mainly football type fans going on this do.
We are looking for ideas as follows :

* What can we do in the day?

* Where do the dirty slags hang out?

Anyone with suggestions on the abov would be welcomed.

Thanks lads.
DtS

I've done the Rose Street Pub Crawl before which is quite a drunken affair. Can't remember how many pubs in this street but I'm sure Napster can help out there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 08 2007,17:17)]I've done the Rose Street Pub Crawl before which is quite a drunken affair. Can't remember how many pubs in this street but I'm sure Napster can help out there.
Thanks mate.....

We have heard that is the place to go.

yeah rose street is wicked... dunno about clubs around there though just hit the pubs when i went

just got back from a stag do in dublin this weekend, was absolutely brilliant!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Jan. 08 2007,17:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 08 2007,17:17)]I've done the Rose Street Pub Crawl before which is quite a drunken affair. Can't remember how many pubs in this street but I'm sure Napster can help out there.
Thanks mate.....

We have heard that is the place to go.
I was up in Edinburgh last April for Matt the Shrimp's wedding (and indeed I ended up proposing to the housemate myself that weekend).

Rose Street was absolutely rammed full of stag parties, they all seemed to be having a laugh.

I imagine there won't be much time for cultural pursuits, but the castle really is fantastic.

Drink - get some Deuchars IPA down you.

Is it during the football season? Now the Hearts bubble has burst, tickets for games there should be easy to come by, likewise Hibs.

Off to Sevilla for mine in June...
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 08 2007,17:40)]Drink - forget the Deuchars IPA and ask for a pint of heavy with a whisky chaser
Recommend you don't do this in all 31 pubs! A nice pint of Belhaven Best!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 08 2007,17:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 08 2007,17:40)]Drink - forget the Deuchars IPA and ask for a pint of heavy with a whisky chaser
Recommend you don't do this in all 31 pubs! A nice pint of Belhaven Best!
laugh.gif

I did find a few pubs that served 90 shilling, but there were rare.

Belhaven's not bad, must say.

Dave, remember if Hibs beat Aberdeen in the Cup, they will be at home that weekend to Gretna, you'll easily all manage to get a ticket for that. Some decent pubs in Leith near the Hibees ground too.

Hearts got drawn away at Dunfermline, which is a short train ride but knowing how stag weekends go, too much of a hassle to be honest!

Hope that helps some more in terms of football related entertainment for that weekend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Jan. 09 2007,09:04)]Dave, remember if Hibs beat Aberdeen in the Cup, they will be at home that weekend to Gretna, you'll easily all manage to get a ticket for that.  Some decent pubs in Leith near the Hibees ground too.

Hearts got drawn away at Dunfermline, which is a short train ride but knowing how stag weekends go, too much of a hassle to be honest!

Hope that helps some more in terms of football related entertainment for that weekend!
Thanks once again to all concerned. Napster has sent me a small books worth of tips so dont think the lads and I will struggle.

Cheers all.

DtS

Get down to the Grassmarket, plenty of decent pubs down there, full of students who should be easily swayed with your Southern pounds.... (although my experiences of living in Edinburgh is from over 10 years ago!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp_Stu @ Jan. 09 2007,10:14)]Get down to the Grassmarket, plenty of decent pubs down there, full of students who should be easily swayed with your Southern pounds.... (although my experiences of living in Edinburgh is from over 10 years ago!)
That's pretty much what I told him to do!

Back