• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EDL-Heroes or villains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://gu.com/p/2mqjf

Personally I think they're racist scum and a revamped version of the BNP.Do they have any fans on SZ?
Wonder if Rusty has got anything to say on the subject?:unsure:

Agreed. It's a poor excuse for ex-football hooligans to cause trouble. Between these scumbags and the Muslim scumbags it's those stuck in the middle who suffer.

Ha! No names,no packdrill, I imagine?:unsure:(You could always pm me with your suspicions Sherlock)!

No suspicion - one poster argued that EDL were not racist and has declared his membership of this group on here. I think that he had something to say about it at the time of their demonstration in Bradford last Autumn (the day after our win there).

No suspicion - one poster argued that EDL were not racist and has declared his membership of this group on here. I think that he had something to say about it at the time of their demonstration in Bradford last Autumn (the day after our win there).

Yeah,I seem to remember that.So who's this EDL member?

Heros one and all and that includes the asian members the black members the pinkish members,am i a rasict,yes yes i am as i dislike all races and creeds and infact everybody.
Are you a Melt,why yes i think you are, with your right wing witch hunt,politics is like relgion,complete and utter bollox

Yeah,I seem to remember that.So who's this EDL member?

Barners dear chap,where is this thread heading?what is your point?are you not yourself extreme left wing?come on mate,your becoming boring along with your brother,give it a rest.
You both have have much more to offer the zone then political clap trap,some of your match reports have .been brilliant more please,i'll shut up now.

Barners dear chap,where is this thread heading?what is your point?are you not yourself extreme left wing?come on mate,your becoming boring along with your brother,give it a rest.
You both have have much more to offer the zone then political clap trap,some of your match reports have .been brilliant more please,i'll shut up now.

One on its way post-Torquay, Swiss ... :thumbsup:

So, who is this member you're getting moist about the idea of outing?

Why aren't you peddling you're right wing twaddle at Luton right now instead of on here? :unsure:

Bearing in mind you posted this elsewhere, are you about to accuse me of EDL membership?

I Think Paxman does a very good job of stifling the leader of the EDL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFyO9s07Jgs

Lets just quickly point something out to some people who want to defend an English identity . It doesn't exist ok , its evolved from Norse/Norman/Roman/Germanic/Goth/Vis-Goth/Celt/Saxon/Anglo/Mongolian/Vedic/Judaic/Gaul/Pic/Slavic/Polish/Moor/Greek(Athenian) . And propably a few dozen more . then it got exported .

I Think Paxman does a very good job of stifling the leader of the EDL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFyO9s07Jgs

Lets just quickly point something out to some people who want to defend an English identity . It doesn't exist ok , its evolved from Norse/Norman/Roman/Germanic/Goth/Vis-Goth/Celt/Saxon/Anglo/Mongolian/Vedic/Judaic/Gaul/Pic/Slavic/Polish/Moor/Greek(Athenian) . And propably a few dozen more . then it got exported .

Disagree. I was expecting (and rather hoping) that Paxman would give him a beasting, but I thought Lennon did ok. As an aside, I particularly enjoy watching Paxo and Mandleson have a debate, great sport.

As for your point about identity, saying that the English identity came from all those different sources, (and I've no reason to doubt you're right on that front) doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just explains where it came from.

Otherwise, you could take all national/cultural identities way back in to the depths of history and argue that there are no such thing as national identities due to their being an amalgamation of influences. ANd it's too late at night to get stuck in to that debate.

I thought the opposite, he made a lot of sense. Paxman came across as either not listening or purposefully misquoting what he said.

He wasnt misquoting what he said , and as the EDL guy was waffling from ignorance and describing criminal actions . Paxman didnt actually need to make any kind of real defence. The EDL guys ideas are ridiculous , they are anecdotal at best , ill informed and reactionary in exactly the same way as the boorish and ignorant young men who warp themselves to an Islamic fundamentalism .

Disagree. I was expecting (and rather hoping) that Paxman would give him a beasting, but I thought Lennon did ok. As an aside, I particularly enjoy watching Paxo and Mandleson have a debate, great sport.

As for your point about identity, saying that the English identity came from all those different sources, (and I've no reason to doubt you're right on that front) doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just explains where it came from.

Otherwise, you could take all national/cultural identities way back in to the depths of history and argue that there are no such thing as national identities due to their being an amalgamation of influences. ANd it's too late at night to get stuck in to that debate.
Well you can only respond to what you have in front of you and Paxmans few words were really only needed to show up Lennon. He ranted , gave nothing more then ill informed responses and made up facts on the spot (97% of Imarms , how would anyone know that , 7th Century versions of the Koran , well that means they should all treat women equally , oh wait his never read it how would he know ?)
Ignorance spouting ignornace .

And yes that is my point , also related the idea of a British identity ... is multicultural in-case anyone forget Celt's are not Angols or Saxon's or Norse . Essex , isnt Sussex isnt Cornwall. Geordie s are not Woolybacks are not Manc's , or has everyone forgotten again that the county structure comes from teh old kingdoms and before that tribes !

The fact is this country is founded , grew and prospers as a multicultural system . Some of course don't like the others , but in the last 2000 years we havnt wiped each other out yet , and theres really no point in it starting now.

Well you can only respond to what you have in front of you and Paxmans few words were really only needed to show up Lennon. He ranted , gave nothing more then ill informed responses and made up facts on the spot (97% of Imarms , how would anyone know that , 7th Century versions of the Koran , well that means they should all treat women equally , oh wait his never read it how would he know ?)
Ignorance spouting ignornace .

And yes that is my point , also related the idea of a British identity ... is multicultural in-case anyone forget Celt's are not Angols or Saxon's or Norse . Essex , isnt Sussex isnt Cornwall. Geordie s are not Woolybacks are not Manc's , or has everyone forgotten again that the county structure comes from teh old kingdoms and before that tribes !

The fact is this country is founded , grew and prospers as a multicultural system . Some of course don't like the others , but in the last 2000 years we havnt wiped each other out yet , and theres really no point in it starting now.

All true and hard to argue against, but you cannot tell me there is not huge divisions opening up between different factions in this country.Islam and Christianity just do not mix or want to integrate. I just cannot imagine any Islamic country sitting back if it was taking in 1000's of Christians a month and letting them take over huge areas of their country and demand that the Christian way was the only way forward and all islamic people were infidels. Minority or not islamic fundamentalists should not be allowed in this country let alone given the voice they get.

All true and hard to argue against, but you cannot tell me there is not huge divisions opening up between different factions in this country.Islam and Christianity just do not mix or want to integrate. I just cannot imagine any Islamic country sitting back if it was taking in 1000's of Christians a month and letting them take over huge areas of their country and demand that the Christian way was the only way forward and all islamic people were infidels. Minority or not islamic fundamentalists should not be allowed in this country let alone given the voice they get.

I agree with you on teh point of fundamentalists/terrorists . However and as Pickeldseal will back me up Islam and Christianity get on rather well (from pure theological viewpoints, and traditionally accepted each other fine, also the treatment of Jew's historically has been better , the tenant that you follow god/Allah/On/Jehovah only matters to them , they just believe Mohammed was the last profit)) . It's political and empirical (which many over ideologies are guilty of as well )matters that make this worse .

I have to point out that Christians historically did that for the last 2000 years , in fact its the only Abraham religion that converts others , both Jews and Muslims find the idea wrong.

And a quick tweet form Cairo about fraternity between Muslim and Christian (though they are Coptics splitters ;))
0828: Nadia El-Awady tweets: "Off to Tahrir to attend Christian mass. My father - a 73-yr-old ill, bearded conservative Muslim - is with me. #jan25 #egypt."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back