• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EDL march halted by the Police

How so?:unsure:

Read it again. No attempt to get a comment or a viewpoint from the EDL, with several comments from the rent-a-mob 'anti-fascists' (who are actually surrendering to Islamo-fascism), and a reference to Robinson being the same as Brievik. If you really can't see that, then you're even more of a hopeless case than I thought.

Read it again. No attempt to get a comment or a viewpoint from the EDL, with several comments from the rent-a-mob 'anti-fascists' (who are actually surrendering to Islamo-fascism), and a reference to Robinson being the same as Brievik. If you really can't see that, then you're even more of a hopeless case than I thought.
'Rent-a-mob anti-fascists' is a vague and evocatic term. That EDL's leader was breaking bail conditions that were in place due to a previous football violence is not vague its fact. So whilst lefties will see the UAF as defending the local residents against violent thugs, and extreme right wingers will see the EDL as standing up against Islam, what we can all agree on is that someone who brings violence and disgrace to our national game is not welcome in our football grounds or leading others on our streets. Surely we'll agree on that?

'Rent-a-mob anti-fascists' is a vague and evocatic term. That EDL's leader was breaking bail conditions that were in place due to a previous football violence is not vague its fact. So whilst lefties will see the UAF as defending the local residents against violent thugs, and extreme right wingers will see the EDL as standing up against Islam, what we can all agree on is that someone who brings violence and disgrace to our national game is not welcome in our football grounds or leading others on our streets. Surely we'll agree on that?

I think our unconditional surrender to Islam is more of a national disgrace than the occasional tear-up at the football.

I think our unconditional surrender to Islam is more of a national disgrace than the occasional tear-up at the football.
I don't think there is a direct choice between the two. That their main man is a football hooligan, and not even in a murky past but earlier this year, makes you wonder how serious he is about being involved in politics for the good of the nation and how much he wants another excuse to vent his violent nature. I always discount EDL as a collection of nasty thugs and their top man can't even be bothered to invest some restraint for the sake of his cause. EDL are a disgrace and if they have anything to say of worth it is, as always lost in a sea of violence.

I don't think there is a direct choice between the two. That their main man is a football hooligan, and not even in a murky past but earlier this year, makes you wonder how serious he is about being involved in politics for the good of the nation and how much he wants another excuse to vent his violent nature. I always discount EDL as a collection of nasty thugs and their top man can't even be bothered to invest some restraint for the sake of his cause. EDL are a disgrace and if they have anything to say of worth it is, as always lost in a sea of violence.

I agree with you that Robinson should have shown more restraint if he wishes to be taken seriously as a national figure. However, are you not extrapolating the actions of a few on to many, in the same way as you accuse people like me of reacting to Islamists? Except with the latter, the 'few' is far more numerous.

I have been taking my daughter to watch Southend since she was 6 years old. She is now 14 and has been to Wales 3 times to see them, Leeds, Hereford, Crewe, Doncaster, etc etc. I started going to watch Southend at the age of 7 and within two years my dad refused to let me go any more after violence became so regular, and at my last game ended with us having bricks thrown at us. As this is a football forum and we are debating politics we can expect differences of opinions but this not somewhere that I'd expect football violence to be something we shrug our shoulders at. Having sent my initial response it sunk in that making light of 'the occasional tear-up at the football' makes me really angry and a little depressed because the future of the game depends on the next generation not having to be subjected to that.

I agree with you that Robinson should have shown more restraint if he wishes to be taken seriously as a national figure. However, are you not extrapolating the actions of a few on to many, in the same way as you accuse people like me of reacting to Islamists? Except with the latter, the 'few' is far more numerous.
He is their spokesperson, their spearhead, the one that the press will deal with, their great example to us all, a complete ****.

He is their spokesperson, their spearhead, the one that the press will deal with, their great example to us all, a complete ****.

I've seen Robinson speak a couple of times on Newsnight and Paxman rang rings around him by not even bothering to interupt him.If that's the best the EDL can do for a leader there's little political hope for them(fortunately).I'm not suprised to hear that he's a convicted football hooligan either.:moon:

Back